Re: 1967
Date: November 12, 2003 07:11AM
Posted by: ZaZ
Looking great b-tone :)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: November 12, 2003 07:30AM
Posted by: andrew_S
this inspired me to pick up that 49 i started must have been 6 months back :)

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: November 12, 2003 09:44AM
Posted by: b-tone
looks pretty good andrew!

i guess no one was being to negative but you kind of get attached to things like this, and dont take criticism too well - it'd be the same if you said something bad about my children ;)

anyway heres some pics of the menu updates - theres a couple of subtle changes there.

Just working on some music now - what a choice!
1967 could be the best year ever made. Leonard Cohen releases his first album, Janis Joplin, Cream, Hendrix, Beatles - so much choice (and a kiwi won the title!)
Sunshine of your love, down on me are there now - one more - leonard might be to soft for f1. and helter skelter and revolution 1 are 68, so maybe i'll do a 68 mod next ;)

____
Tony

Date: November 12, 2003 11:23AM
Posted by: ralphi
Hendrix coooool...................the man is a king... loking great Tony looking great...

Date: December 07, 2003 03:02PM
if anyones wondering whats happening, i'm just awaiting on something from someone before i release.
but if it doesn't arrive soon, i'll release it anyways.

and then the 88 will be out before christmas too hopefully.

and then...

____
Tony

Date: December 07, 2003 03:29PM
Posted by: JamesM
Wow! O_o

==================================
Huh?
Date: December 08, 2003 10:52AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Wehey way to go dude

Date: December 08, 2003 11:04AM
are you waiting for the sound?

Date: December 08, 2003 11:24AM
not any more ;)

____
Tony

Date: December 08, 2003 11:28AM
so i'm guessing we can expext the release any day now?

Date: December 08, 2003 12:08PM
Posted by: bigears

As I am a fan of the Nordschleife track, I noticed that this photo was from the 1968 GP. I am sure you are not too bothered about it anyway!

Looks superb to me!
Date: December 10, 2003 03:23PM
Posted by: Pirate
I am not picking on this carset but just a comment I could be wrong, but is it me or are the tyres / wheels too big / wide, by a fraction? just a small comment. and I do not agree with other comments that the 1967 carset is a waste of time, far from it I think this the best set yet. Some thng different. i would like to see the 1974, 75, also 77 78 sets also.
Date: December 11, 2003 12:51AM
Posted by: Gené and Tonic
Will it be self installing?
Date: December 11, 2003 03:42AM
thanks bigears :)
i think i found it amongst some 67 pics, but know now its 68. jackie stewart. it was dry in 67 anyway.
well, maybe a head start on a 68 mod ;)

Pirate, the wheels are the default ones, with 67 textures. i had some mapping problems with some more realistic wheels that i'll fix for release 2.

I do not agree with other comments that the 1967 carset is a waste of time, far from it I think this the best set yet

Will it be self installing?

not really. it will be easier than that.
if you have Carset Manager by Zaz then its just copying one folder to your carsets folder.
if you havent got it then go know and get it :)

so i'm guessing we can expext the release any day now?

well i'm doing the readme now which could take 3 or 4 weeks...

____
Tony

Date: December 11, 2003 09:34AM
<<not really. it will be easier than that.
if you have Carset Manager by Zaz then its just copying one folder to your carsets folder.
if you havent got it then go know and get it >>

So....is the carset folder just the car folder in the GP4 folder?
Confusing I know :D
Date: December 11, 2003 09:58AM
carset manager makes the default carset folder in:
..\Grand Prix 4\GPSAVES\Carsets

so once you download this set there will be a folder called 1967, so copy the whole folder to the carsets folder so you'll have:
\Grand Prix 4\GPSAVES\Carsets\1967

Then next time you run CSM there'll be a 1967 option :)

but more in the readme. if you havent got CSM then get it now.

____
Tony

Date: December 11, 2003 10:00AM
ABOUT GPL, yes it was good, but someone said it is hard because it was a SIM! Hmm well its only a game, a proper SIM is something like they probably have in the Ferrari HQ! anything you can pick up for a fiver in MVC or Game is.....A GAME! AND as a game it was just too hard, for a whole mass of people. Agh yes you still need it challenging but for me it Sucked! I guess I was not alone? Nice tracks and add ons, I agree.

EG : say they brought out a Chess game and it was stuck on one skill level, sort of Boris Spasky level, well you would soon get P*** off with it!

( Did I spell Spassky right?..not too sure! )
Date: December 11, 2003 10:03AM
Done!!
Now we wait :)
Date: December 11, 2003 02:16PM
Posted by: shmall
Quote:

"Author: Pirate
Date: 12-11-03 17:00

ABOUT GPL, yes it was good, but someone said it is hard because it was a SIM! Hmm well its only a game, a proper SIM is something like they probably have in the Ferrari HQ! anything you can pick up for a fiver in MVC or Game is.....A GAME! AND as a game it was just too hard, for a whole mass of people. Agh yes you still need it challenging but for me it Sucked! I guess I was not alone? Nice tracks and add ons, I agree."

OK then, more SIM like than most other Games:)
..........and it was hard, but with practice felt very real and a great racing sim to drive, me and lots of other still love it.... maybe we are just too good ;) :)

Rollon the 1988 addon for GP4 :)
Winged cars is were GP4 is best at :)

Simon. (all IMHO) :)
Date: December 13, 2003 08:30AM
Yes it was and still is a good sim, beautiful scenery on some tracks, trouble is you could never admire the scenery as if you did OOpps big trouble! BTW have you got it loaded on your PC still? as I tried to get it on the Win xp I have but I hace not got the file to do it, if you have it can you mail it to me? I might have another go at GPL (more fool me! ).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy