GpxPatch 3.54 online

Posted by Lo2k 
GpxPatch 3.54 online
Date: December 13, 2003 08:36AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Just came on SDI's site and saw latest GPxPatch is online.

Here is the change log:

13 Dec 2003 3.54

GPxSAT: enhancements by Markus Krötz: fixed bugs in showing split_times/times to the front or behind car correctly and added a penalty screen for digital and classic mode (shows up when you get a black flag during a race).
GPxCInfo: info items can be reordered, added, and deleted, so it's possible to influence the z-order, and to have multiple instances of the same item.
GPxCInfo: fixed reverse gear (was N instead of R).
GPxCInfo: fixed selection of default color for certain info items.

Re: GpxPatch 3.54 online
Date: December 13, 2003 08:42AM
Posted by: Covfan
Cracking work by all ;)
Date: December 13, 2003 09:09AM
Posted by: -{TETSUO}-
Drive Thru Penalty is well borked. Just flashes constantly and looks well bad.
Anyone know how to turn it off back to the old flag or even better how to stop it bleeding flashing?

The clouds will part and the sky cracks open and god himself will reach his F***ing arm through JUST TO PUSH YOU DOWN JUST TO HOLD YOU DOWN
Date: December 13, 2003 09:43AM
Posted by: Madman271
Drive Thru Penalty is well borked. Just flashes constantly and looks well bad.

At least somebody continuing this GPxSAT project.

If you think you have better talent or suggestions to fix flicker flag, feel free to join GPxSAT project instead commenting here about good and bad things. We need more people behind this project to help the current development.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: December 13, 2003 09:44AM
Posted by: Covfan
I can help with testing if you want.
Date: December 13, 2003 09:59AM
Covfan, you can contact Rene Smit (author of GPxPatch) or Markus Kroentz (GPxSAT developer) for testing thingy, or you can visit GPxSAT forum to discuss any testing reports and bugs discussion. There is no actual announcements about tester's requirement but I believe you'll be welcome. :)

I'm just ordinary humble servant who don't know lot about this things. ;)

Date: December 13, 2003 10:35AM
Take a chill pill. I wasn't having ago I just want it fixed.
Should it have been included if it doesn't work properly yet.
No it sould not especially if it was a known problem.
I've done far too much work to my GP4 to have it usurped by the latest Gpxpatch. If it was a known problem we should have been warned.
I don't release unusable UT maps or mods so quit crying and cool down in furure

The clouds will part and the sky cracks open and god himself will reach his F***ing arm through JUST TO PUSH YOU DOWN JUST TO HOLD YOU DOWN
Date: December 13, 2003 11:42AM
Posted by: Lo2k
"I've done far too much work to my GP4 to have it usurped by the latest Gpxpatch"
Pretty funny.
I thing you guy have really no idea of work, time and efforts put in tools like GPxpatch by their authors.

And instead of crying here, just let a small word on SDI's forum about your bug and keep your GPxPatch 3.53 waiting for a fix.
It has always been the only way to fix bugs and it will always be so.

And just an advice to end, on a forum, whatever it is, always check before replying profile of people you are replying to, especially to say bad words. It will be better for everyone.

Post Edited (12-13-03 18:44)

Date: December 13, 2003 12:07PM
Posted by: ricky
What's wrong with the penalty screen? Isn't it showed correctly?
I can't do fixes without detailed descriptions what to fix ;-).

BTW: Black flag can be disabled by unchecking the box in GPxSAT panel ;-).

Cheers

Ricky
Date: December 13, 2003 12:14PM
@TETSUO: Are you using GP4Tweaker? If not I can't imagine why black flag should flash constantly. About design: I have rebuild the thing like I've seen it on TV.

About testing: Unfortunately GPxPatch hasn't any beta testers. And graphical changements usually need beta testers. So I spent lot of hours (!!) at home to test it on my pc with different settings - and it worked fine.

Post Edited (12-13-03 19:20)
Date: December 14, 2003 01:18PM
Yeah I use Gp4tweaker.
I've also set penalties to drive thru instead of the 10 second penalty.
When the penalty kicks in the image penalty screen appears and periodically flashes on and off until you have taken your drive thru. Also the image is alot larger than the normal sat images and the timing beam images appear over the top. The black flag is no longer displayed. Hope this helps.

Date: December 14, 2003 01:47PM
Posted by: intweb
Ricky,
Just a minor correction, GPXPatch does have beta testers - I've spent a good few hours testing it for Rene, not wanting to correct you but feel people like us deserve a modicum of recognition!!!!

Steve.
Date: December 14, 2003 02:02PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
am i correct if i conclude out of this thread that madman is now also on gpxpatch and the drive through stuff is now in gpxpatch? That would rule :)

Date: December 14, 2003 02:09PM
I don't see any panel on disabling this function and please don't take this in the wrong way I love GPx as much as the next man I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this problem.

Date: December 14, 2003 03:01PM
Seem that GPxSAT's black flag overlay image only replacing standard icon which originally displayed at the top-left corner of the screen. Due the way of GP4 Tweaker controlling this icon, that "flicker" behaviour will appear if Drive-thru penalty is applied thru GP4 Tweaker's setting, as the same result when we using standard icon.

In drive-thru mode, when penalties has been made then GP4 Tweaker will show blinking black-flag icon to alert player, which also indicating first warning. Because of this, "flicker" is not a correct word, and there's no bug on GPxSAT black-flag image related to this issue.

Also for clearance, GPxSAT project is not mine and I'm not involved with any GPxPatch and/or GPxSAT projects.

Date: December 14, 2003 03:32PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
oh too bad. I like the features of gp4tweaker, but i hate the handling of the program (no offence, i just havent worked much with it) Gpxpatch allways feels very known.

Date: December 14, 2003 04:57PM
So what can be done?
Are you saying to have the "Drive Thru Penalty" screen to display properly we have to stop using Gp4tweaker and that means no actual drive thru penalty. Instead we have to revert back to the 10 second delay? If so does that not mean the "Drive Thru Penalty" screen isn't really a drive thru penalty? Is there another way of enabling drive thru penalties other than gp4tweaker program?
One last question if users would still like to use the functionality of Gp4tweaker but would like to use the latest gpx how can we disable the "Drive Thru Penalty" screen altogether?

Date: December 15, 2003 04:42AM
Madman was right and that was the thing why I'm asking if you have enabled drive thru through GP4Tweaker. The "flickering"/blinking comes from GP4Tweaker. If you don't want it, disable drive thru penalty in GP4Tweaker. I'll ask Rene if he could fix that, but I don't think he can.

@intweb: Really, you are a beta tester? Great, Rene told me that he hasn't any beta testers, because I asked him if someone of his beta testers could test my screen. Have you tested the penalty screen? If not, maybe you could ask Rene that you would test GPxSAT features, too. I would prefere that and it would be great! Sorry, I wouldn't be "misregard" you, I only didn't know GPxSAT has beta testers (because Rene told me another fact - maybe he misunderstood my question).

Post Edited (12-15-03 11:43)
Date: December 15, 2003 04:54AM
So it's not really a drive thru penalty if we cant enable actual drive thru penalties or does gpx handle that now. I don't want to have to go back to the 10 second delay.

Date: December 15, 2003 06:36AM
@maverick:
Yeah, I hate tweaker as well. :)
Maybe I must stop developing this program in 2004.

@Ricky:
Better we discuss this issue on your GPxSAT forum.
This forum is only for GP4, and before dumass arrive with his big guns... :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy