The first time YOU drove GP4

Posted by fcarmoracing 
The first time YOU drove GP4
Date: November 03, 2003 06:40PM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
My first time was in an expo here in my town (Curitiba), by the end of last year, the Renault Stand had 2 Formula 1 simulators running GP4 around Interlagos, of course we had to drive the Renault cars....

It had a big line, but it worthed, mega powerfull machines running GP4 in full graphics around 60fps.... so sweet, the cockpit was so confortable, the SW so cool....

The thing was, make a quick race starting from 5th, on rockie level, if you win you get a suvenir (Renault Clio miniature)!!!!

While I was in the line wating my turn nobody won, only me and my brother, those guys (former Prost Junior F-3000 driver, Marcelo Batstuzzi was one of them) were impressed with my bro as he was just 12 yo, and had beaten all the other guys!!!!

When and how was your first time with GP4?

Now you CAN sponsor me, click picture and know how
Re: The first time YOU drove GP4
Date: November 03, 2003 07:41PM
Posted by: Priddo
my first time was shocking as i had problems with my computer and it ran about as slow as a man without legs.... jumpy everywhere too so it was shocking and i didn't play it for a few months....so when i came back it was running pretty good and at my first go back i won on pro somehow i think i must of fluked it ;)

Date: November 03, 2003 07:49PM
Posted by: tux
first time. i didnt know about jump starts so i jumped start :) :P

then i began tweaking :-o

Date: November 03, 2003 07:59PM
Posted by: ZaZ
**ZaZ dives into his log files to see if he can find the date**

found!
it was Thu Jun 13 22:29:04 2002
And i thought (and still think) it was amazing :)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: November 03, 2003 08:04PM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
Like dumbass, I to did not know about jump starts, or accelerating, braking, turning.....maybe I should have read the manual. My first quickrace saw me take off about 30 seconds after the rest of the feild, the fly down into the first chicance at Monza without braking, or turning...

Now I only play it occaisionally....It's the off season and Im busy hotlapping in GP3

Date: November 03, 2003 08:11PM
you play GP3 over GP4?!!?!?!?!?

Date: November 03, 2003 08:20PM
Posted by: adityamunshi
12th aug 2003
Date: November 04, 2003 12:26AM
Posted by: LarryM
Last spring. an't remember when. I didn't buy it until I had updated my processor and mainboard. My first impressions were a big disappointment, cos I had lousy graphics. Got the settings sorted out wíthin a week or so. Also, it felt very "numb", like sex with double condoms, after having driven with F12002 for so long.

BTW do you know why Irishmen use 2 condoms while having sex?
No? well: "to be sure, to be sure". ;)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: November 04, 2003 01:18AM
Posted by: fongu
I remember having no idea it was coming out, went into a shop and saw all these gp4 games, and although i had no money at the time (whats changed!) i went and got it straight away. Was well dissapointed that i couldnt even race on it with my riva tnt2 graphics card. How much i moved on from then since i discovered this forum!

Date: November 04, 2003 01:39AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
I remember it well, I was looking round on gameplay the night before seeing that it was coming out the next day, I was shocked as I never heard it was coming out at all! The next day though was a sad day :( when England lost to Brazil :( so I toodled down from school in my free peroid down to town and picked up GP4. Never ever regretted it since :D and had alot of fun when I got home :D. I still love the pitcrews, really realistic, love watching them walk back into the garage when you leave the pits :)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: November 04, 2003 01:44AM
Posted by: LarryM
Love your cute rally driver animation Ian.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: November 04, 2003 02:23AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
>you play GP3 over GP4?!!?!?!?!?

@Priddo - Only cause the F1 Season's finished. I used to do my GP4 championship same weekend as the real-life grand prix (with the exception of Spa). Now it's the off season, and I'm a bit tired of racing the same 17 tracks, so I'm on GP3 doing the off season Hotlapping comp. Just for the change of scenery.

Date: November 04, 2003 02:38AM
Posted by: mclaren_rmn
I was busy finding updates for GP3, then I read some news
about GP4, so I buy it.

The first F1 game I played is F1WGP, then I tried EA's F12002,
and its very crap. Then I searched for another F1 game and
I found GP3.

Pentium D 805
2x 1GB DDR2 667Mhz Corsair Value Select
Seagate 80GB 7200rpm SATA II
Date: November 04, 2003 02:48AM
i have played the original formula 1 on psx aswell as formula 1 98,99 from studio liverpool and 2000,2001,2002 from ea aswell gp gp2 gp3 gp4....who else can claim such a record??? ;)

Date: November 04, 2003 03:08AM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
Well, I think lots of guys know the GPX series since the old 1991 F1GP, then GP2 and so on!!!! I´m one of them!!!! :)

well, lots of guys seem to had been disapointed in the 1st time, I wasn´t as it was running in full graphics, 2002 updates and 60 fps, so it was just amazing!!!!

Love your cute rally driver animation Ian.
yeah, the driver stops driving the car when changing the gears, hehe.... ;)

Post Edited (11-04-03 10:12)

Now you CAN sponsor me, click picture and know how
Date: November 04, 2003 03:43AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
;)

I remember when my dad got me a 486/sx for my birthday, which had GP1 on it pre-installed. My first experience of the GPX series :P

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: November 04, 2003 03:49AM
Posted by: SchimmyMike
Hehe, my first time with gp4 was very funny. I remember at release day i had to work until 8 o`clock pm and stores where opended until 8 pm. So - how to buy the game when you have to work.

I worked very hard this day - specially last 3 hours - so that i could go home a little bit easier. I "raced" with my mitsubishi lancer to my computer store which was more than 30 km far from my work. Traffic rules were not important for me at this time ;) .

I reached store 2 mins before it closed bought the game and "raced" (again) home.

Install - start - configure - single race on rookie.

Great - it was amazing. Grafics, sounds, tracks - all was fine.

Btw: I bought - cauz gp4 release was near - my new pentium 4 computer one day before (1600

Join the biggest german speaking rpg community for Battlefield 1942 Modifikation "Forgotten Hope".

Visit www.fh-warzone.de for more informations.
Date: November 04, 2003 04:20AM
Posted by: andrew_S
well there was a lot of anticipation about it in the Gp3 comunity here and at other places, i got the beta *Cough* then bought at 9am on the day it came out, for that matter i remember doing the same with 3 and 2 as well and the online reaction to those, I remember the long chace for download links to that beta, and people deleting the links from forums, like alpha, that is problably my first memory of gp4, hehe, but really it was a pitstop on that beta at spa which made me go wow!, amazing pitcrew, then all the bugs and complaining.... hehe

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: November 04, 2003 06:24AM
Posted by: checha
i was waiting to the game come out.. and friend of mine called me and he told me that he already got the game i run to his house and i wanted to see how monaco were lookslike and i tryed to run at saint devote i got a crash with other 6 cars ;)

Date: November 04, 2003 06:26AM
Posted by: jawwad01
i played the game in the first week of june this year after waiting almost whole year for a new pc and since than i am doing updating stuff . :D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy