New heeeeere!!!

Posted by ColdBlood 
New heeeeere!!!
Date: October 31, 2003 07:03PM
Posted by: ColdBlood
Greetings;

I am new here.

Technically, I am not new because I visit this forum, every day. Just didn't register :-)

I cann't say how much I love GP4, it is amazing all the time.

However, I am not playing GP4 anymore, but I just select "0 driver" and like to watch AI's driving in TV Coverage view. (I should quote Murray Walker's expression "Incredible";)

Anyway, nice to know you guys.

Cheers!

ColdBlood

P.S: I am about to add my screenshot of GP4,

Post Edited (11-01-03 02:08)

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

Re: New heeeeere!!!
Date: October 31, 2003 07:25PM
Posted by: gus conrado
where did you get that helmet???
Date: October 31, 2003 07:26PM
Posted by: Ellis
welcome to the forum, and thanks for the lovely screenshot :| Ur GP4 looks better than mine ever did.

:D

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 01, 2003 12:23AM
Thank you for your welcome, Ellis. How kind of you! Impressed!

You might want to look another shot, eh?

Here we go

And, to qus conrado, I cann't say that where I pick that up.

The reason is... I , fisrt of all, have patched F2002 made by Ghostrider (I am not sure about this, but I guess,) and started to use Vipers' GA.

That is a bit old screen shot from me because now I am using incredible Erick's GA. I still have a same helmet, though.

But, I can tell you that is definitely not the helemt from 200X helmet sets.

Post Edited (11-01-03 07:26)

Date: November 01, 2003 01:17AM
Posted by: villej
welcome to forum!

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: November 01, 2003 01:41AM
Posted by: Andy Mad
Hi ColdBlood! I have a question. Why'd you quit plaing GP4, huh? Kinda started your own team and now watch your boys flying like frank, jean, ron and the band? ;-)

Date: November 01, 2003 02:33AM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
I've done that with GP3. Doesn't look quite as good, but you can still *almost* hear Murray screaming away in the background.

For me, when I drive, I don't take in the visuals of the game as much. I tend to focus on the 10 or 20 metres of road infront of the car. Sitting back and watching the directors mode lets me enjoy the visual brilliance of GPs 3 and 4 without having to woeey about pit strategy and running into people I'm trying to pass.

Date: November 01, 2003 05:31AM
Posted by: markko
Welcome.

Date: November 01, 2003 05:43AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Yo mike, welcome to the forum! :)

Date: November 01, 2003 06:39AM
Posted by: fongu
yeah welcome, i just watch sometimes, when i have time and not hotlapping

Date: November 01, 2003 07:04AM
Posted by: ArexonsF1
Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy participating it as much as we do! And please, for gsh's sake, don't post topics about Gp4xF1c comparisions. Believe me, you will have trouble if you do so!

Formula One is not dead... It's just a bit tired =D But don't worry, 2005 will be great ;)
Date: November 01, 2003 11:33AM
Thank you guys!

I really appreciate your welcome!

To Andy Mad, there are two reasons that I don't play GP4. First, I am a second year college student, so I have to buckle down to study, don't I? So, I just let the AIs play while I am doing my stuff. The other reason is my yellow logitech steering wheel and pedal are not work like what it has been. I might need new sets, but I bought a new MP3CD player (Panasonic CT800,150$ full kit), so I cann't afford that right now. (I am not the keyboard lover~ :-)

To ArexonsF1, I will keep your words. Thank you for the advice.

Have a good weekend~!

ColdBlood

Date: November 01, 2003 12:18PM
Posted by: Catmageddon
Yo ColdBlood, your gp4 looks excellent. But have you thought of Viper's 3d rims to make it that bit more special. I'm sure your pc can handle it with that sort of gfx. My pc is crap and runs gp4 near min spec hot

As ArexonsF1 said, no F1c comparisons and also Use the search, and i'm sure you'll get along fine!

Cheers. CAT

Date: November 01, 2003 03:51PM
To Catmageddon (cool ID, bro!)

I patched the Viper's 3D and my first impression was...

"oh good shape, but why is GP4 slowing down?"

So, I went to menu to adjust my graphic setting ,and ran test running.

I couldn't believe my eyes when gp4 frame rate was shown!

40 to 20!!!!

"20 frame rates deduction!!! What the fxxx is this?!%4$#2#2#" <=censored :-)

I have the system that has an overclocked P1.6A (so it is now 2.1ghz) with ASUS motherboard (P4S333) and IBM 60G harddrive. I think my memory ( 256mb DDRSDRAM) is main factor. I should buy 768mb to extend the memory capacity, but I mentioned that I now am little short on money.

Or, I think Ricardo Lampert' trackpack 2.0 is fram rate eater!

What I find is that when I patched his pack, my AIs moved very slow on every pit straight , which contains bit box texture, gird lines, pit lines and so far. But, except that thing, GP4 works ok.

I don't know... I will just enjoy and my cars.wad. I am not going to touch it until new JAUGUAR and RENAULT works are came out.

Good advice, though.

I definitely take your nice and kind advice when I get new memory.

Cheers,

ColdBlood

Post Edited (11-01-03 22:54)

Date: November 01, 2003 11:27PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Hello and welcome :)
As you'll notice, I'm the only reasonable person here ;)
As you'll notice this too, I use sarcasm a lot, hehe

Date: November 02, 2003 12:27AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

lol Guimengo

Coldblood welcome to the forum :)

I agree with you they eat frames, but look magnificent! I struggle to keep everything at 100% PO with all GFX on, all lods on lod_0 and thats on a p4 3.0 ghz machine :\ (with an GFX card that is semi ok...)

Wish i had a radeon 9800 pro

Date: November 02, 2003 02:20AM
Posted by: fongu
Korn, can you send me your f1graphics file? Wish i did get a better processor now, tho i do have a radeon 9800 pro :P

Date: November 02, 2003 07:16AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

yeah ok if u want, its nothing special, i havent fiddeld with it at all its just standard changing stuff from the ingame menu

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy