Filter for GP4 by Me!!!!! What do you think?

Posted by 32BOBO32 
Re: Filter for GP4 by Me!!!!! What do you think?
Date: October 26, 2003 07:58AM
Posted by: Alex13
It looks more like a fog filter rather than a realism one. Should look good with rain

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: October 26, 2003 08:27AM
Posted by: SuperSonic
wow!
I play GP3 and I always dreamed with something like this!
Any chance to make a GP3 version??? :(

See ya
Date: October 26, 2003 10:58AM
Posted by: Bob Denar
I prefer the original.
It would be better to have a filter directly on the texture instead off the screen : it looks like driving in fog to me
Date: October 26, 2003 12:30PM
Posted by: Ellis
Excellent work!

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 26, 2003 01:07PM
Posted by: b-tone
it should work in gp3 without problems

____
Tony

Date: October 26, 2003 01:27PM
Great!!! :)

See ya
Date: October 26, 2003 01:46PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
i have tried it out and i love it but i have the perf goes down for about 4-5 frame rates but its worthed !!!

Keep up the good work

Greetings Steven
Date: October 27, 2003 07:10AM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
Thanks boys!!

Samuele
32BOBO32
Date: October 27, 2003 07:47AM
Posted by: LarryM
I'm not sure if I like it. It removes the cartoonishness but makes everything very washed-out. In Melbourne it's difficult enough to see the 150 and 100 marker boards coming down to Whiteford, now they're almost invisible. I'm running it for a while and then I 'll change back to check how I feel. In any case thanks for doing it. Keep working on it to see if a suitable filter for photo-realistic effects can be invented.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: October 27, 2003 10:50AM
Posted by: Vader
Real f1 looks a lot more washed-out colour wise than gp4 is.

On TV, yes. Live it does almost look brighter. Even the high reflection levels people complained about in GP4 is every bit as strong in real life.

Still the idea of applying filters to the game is great. Maybe you should work together with LS to do life-like filters.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: October 27, 2003 10:56AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Hmmmm, is there a way to remove it from the sky, but have it on all other tex?

ps Larry, as if you need to worry about fps! ;)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: October 27, 2003 03:40PM
@ 32BOBO32

Idea...

You could make a dark filter to simulate the dark helmet visors. Of course it should work only in the cockpit view.

See ya
Date: October 27, 2003 04:46PM
Posted by: schroeder
i agree to vader. the real life f1 cars (not on tv) are looking brighter.
i was surprised about the intense of the colors, like the red of ferrari or the green of the jaguar.
the f1 cars in real life are made very bright, cause they loose a lot of color intension on tv.
so i prefer the original gp4 style, this gives me a bit of the feeling to be on a real life track. :)
Date: October 28, 2003 01:17AM
Posted by: LarryM
-qwerty-:
I'm not worried about FPS - just about how pretty my game is. ;)

Yes it's true. F1 cars are very colorful in real life. Also Shumi's helmet is not as the same red as the car, it's a more "flouresent" slightly orangy colour but very bright. You don't see this so well on Tv. In this respect the criticism leveled at F1C about "too shiny" cars is unfair. Ralph Hummerich's shiny cars look more real than GP4 with environmental mapping on dynamic. Although the reflections are genuine in GP4.

I've taken the filter off now. I prefer the original, but I think a photo-realistic solutiion might be found. I have seen some beautiful realistuc photo-shoopped screenies, so why not?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: November 16, 2003 02:22PM
Posted by: F1Crazy
A great filter would be one that is like the 'enhance' feature of Paint Shop Pro 8; apply this to a GP4 screenshot and it looks so much more realisitic (as those who post their screens realise).

Date: November 17, 2003 12:00AM
Posted by: Caelen
supersonic that would be pointless its already built into gp4, judt open the config and you can set the gamma for red green blue being able to give dark or even tinted appearance from cockpit view.
Date: November 17, 2003 02:07AM
Posted by: krazyboris
2 qwerty, no, f1 does not looked washed out in real life, only on the tv, in real life the colours are extremly vibrant, especially the vermillian of the ferrari's. And to F1crazy, i dont use psp, and i think you will find most guys on this forum use photoshop.
As for the filter......well....each to there own i guess but to me it dosent look any good. It's far to washed out, instead of that try washing out some of the blue and bringing forward some more red and yellow, this will help to create a more realistic feel, imho. :)
Date: November 17, 2003 02:43AM
Posted by: Koolpapy
I don't like it!
Sorry I'm professional graphic artist (sorry for bad english) your idea is interesting, but look around you, reality is other : this effect should be good
after+/- 1KM this function is used in F1 series from EA Sports its call "fog in" .

In art history we study this effect with the "impressionistes" they add blue color in far landscape to create more distance effect it's better than bluring image.
With your first idea, I'm sure there is something to do.
My english is too bad : I can't explain clearly.
Look around you real life is clear.
No Subject
Date: November 17, 2003 04:01AM
Posted by: shmall

Post Edited (11-17-03 11:03)
Date: November 17, 2003 04:01AM
Posted by: shmall
Why do people always try to make the picture look to foggy ?? :)

When I watch a race (at the track or on TV) it doesn't look like that at all, colours and lines are nice and crisp and not toned down like that ??

example:

When I am driving my car the same thing applies, UNLESS I AM IN FOG :)

sorry don't like it........ but each to there own :)

Simon.

Post Edited (11-17-03 11:11)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy