* How about some mid 80's/early 90's models? *

Posted by Berger_Fan 
* How about some mid 80's/early 90's models? *
Date: October 08, 2003 12:18PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
How come there are no turbo or early 1990's (pre 1994) models being made? I would do them myself, but my model making skills are shite.

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Re: * How about some mid 80's/early 90's models? *
Date: October 08, 2003 12:20PM
Posted by: ralphi
whell.... uhm... b-tone is making a mod right now..

Date: October 08, 2003 12:22PM
Posted by: anze89
I think because they are hard to made. All car painters are painting the MP-18 in different colors. And car shape makers are making the cars of 2003 season.

Date: October 08, 2003 12:24PM
Posted by: Ellis
I think because they are hard to made

Old F1 cars are piss simple compared with modern 2003 cars with wings and lips and parts all over them

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 08, 2003 03:33PM
Posted by: andrew_S
Old F1 cars are piss simple compared with modern 2003 cars with wings and lips and parts all over them

rubbish, as the winglets are the easy bits, and you have a base, with older cars, starting from scratch, rather than modifying whats there

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: October 08, 2003 03:37PM
Posted by: b-tone
the 88 mod is coming along.
(just waiting on some more cars)
hopefully in the off season some 2003 guys will start some older mods.

if i start shaping, i'l probably do an older f1 shape.
photos are rarer so its harder in that sense, but demand is alot lower than it is for 2003, so imperfections wont be picked up so readily.

____
Tony

Date: October 08, 2003 04:30PM
rubbish, as the winglets are the easy bits, and you have a base, with older cars, starting from scratch, rather than modifying whats there

1988 F1 cars are alot more simple. Take a look at Thrashers 8 McLAren then Vipers 2003 Ferrari and you will see the difference instantly. The McLaren side pods can be done low poly because they are very square, whislt the ferrari ones are curved alot, and require alot of poly work, as well as vents on the side.

I found working on the 88 cars a hell of alot easier than any other F1 car i worked on

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: October 08, 2003 06:12PM
Posted by: andrew_S
having said that, the nose on an 88 car is more round... its the same for everything, its all as difficult as each other, its not the shape that defines dificaulty its the detail you put in, and to be honnest, thrashers stuff isnt as detailed as the Gp4 2003 cars

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: October 08, 2003 06:55PM
Thrasher McLaren certainly doesnt have much detail, but then again, comparing it to a picture its as real as he cud have made it (altho his textures arent fantastic, but F1C engine does a good job of making them look good).

Some cars have have more round nose's, but again, look at the 2003 Ferrari!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy