Help! Med 16 bit vs medium texture

Posted by John52 
Help! Med 16 bit vs medium texture
Date: October 04, 2003 09:34AM
Posted by: John52
I have created a fantasy car using Gp4master and Paintshop Pro 6.0.
The Tex file for my fantasy car was created using 512x512 TGA's even though I stored it as a "low_res" Tex file (I have deleted all the "hi_team" files from my cars.wad file. All the other team car tex files are based on the stock 256x256 tga's.

Problem: when I run with the in game graphics texture set to "med 16 bit" all the cars look okay. However, when I change the texture setting to "medium" the paint scheme on my fantasy car is all over the place. The other cars are fine. If I create a new tex file using 256x256 tga's my fantasy car is almost okay using "medium" texture. ( The nose and air intake camera's are not quite right). If I switch to med 16 bit with the 256 tga tex file my car is perfect (including the cameras).

I don't understand what is going on here, there is only one tex file yet the 32 bit medium is all wrong.
p.s. the car looks okay when previewed with GP4Genius or Zmodeller.

How can I create a tex file with better resolution that will look the same in both 16 bit and 32 bit textures?
Re: Help! Med 16 bit vs medium texture
Date: October 04, 2003 09:42AM
Posted by: ViperF1
Try to use TEXResizer by Lo2k
Notice , there're two kinds of TEX file , 32bit or 10bit

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy