Newbie Question

Posted by DCFan 
Newbie Question
Date: October 03, 2003 03:27PM
Posted by: DCFan
Hi everyone. I picked up GP4 a while ago and I'm having a great time since I messed around with steering settings and turning off the aids. I also use the 2002 season patch and the GpxPatch. I have a question concerning the difficulty of the game. I currently have the difficulty set to Rookie, but the other drivers blow me away and their times are almost right on with real life. I recently had a race at Magny Cours and finished last after I spun at Imola turn. Juan Pablo won the race with a fastest lap time of 1'16" something. This is the rookie setting???? Checking the f1 website, this year the fastest lap at Magny was 1'15"512 by Juan. Even if I hadn't spun there is no way I could have come close to winning since my fastest was 1'19" something. Am I missing something or are these times just too hard for rookie settings? Is there anyway I could make the AI any slower? I'd like to win a race sooner or later. Thanks for any help. Take care.
Re: Newbie Question
Date: October 03, 2003 03:40PM
Posted by: norseS4
I'm not so good in explaining... Ok, do you use a peformance file with GPxPatch? If yes, You could go in and edit the values in this performance file.

Or if you want I could do it for you, if you give me you e-mail adress I'll send it to when done...

Date: October 03, 2003 03:47PM
Hi norseS4,
I think I do. Checking my GPxPatch under GPxSet it states Perfomance file:gpxpdata\GP4Update\2002.TXT. But I pretty sure this is the default because I don't know enough about editing these things so I just leave them as is. If you have others that you could send me that would be great! My email is dwillie1@elp.rr.com. Thanks! Take care.
Date: October 03, 2003 03:50PM
Ok, I will see what I can do. Can't promise you one tonight though...

Date: October 03, 2003 04:01PM
norseS4,
Anytime would be great. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Can I ask, do you use the GP4Pedit - GPxPatch Performance Editor to do write new Perfomance files? I just found this in the downloads section and if this is what everyone uses I should probably figure out how to use it as well. Thanks again.
Date: October 03, 2003 04:14PM
No actually I just use notepad...

Check your mailbox!!!:):):)

Just nice to help!

Date: October 03, 2003 04:23PM
Thanks Norse!!!
Date: October 03, 2003 04:39PM
Did it work out ok for you?

Date: October 03, 2003 04:55PM
Works much better! Didn't win, too many mistakes, but I can atleast keep up with the leaders.

Question:
What are the three values next to performance?
Ferrari Example: Performance=810,840,2000
What does increasing/decreasing do?

What are the four values next to the drivers name and what effects does increasing/decreasing do?
Example: First Driver=1,Michael Schumacher,16250,32,16650,64

I'd like to try to write up some of these, but don't know what they do? Thanks again Norse you were a great help!
Date: October 03, 2003 05:18PM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
Performance=race car BHP, Qualifying car BHP, Car reliability

If you decrease car BHP of course you get less bhp and go slower on straights
If you increase car BHP of course you get more bhp and go faster on staights
If you decrease car reliability, you get more chances of finish races
If you increase car reliabilty, you get less chances of finish races

Hope you understood :)
Date: October 03, 2003 06:30PM
Posted by: Guimengo
First Driver=Michael Schumacher, driver's qualy perf. (range is following number), driver's race perf. (range following).
:) Welcome

Date: October 03, 2003 08:13PM
Thanks guys. I'll have to mess around with them. This may be just as fun as actually racing! Take care.
Date: October 03, 2003 08:50PM
Date: October 04, 2003 03:29AM
Posted by: Forgotten-Boy
@Guimengo :
I think you´re wrong

The right order is : First Driver=Michael Schumacher, driver's race perf. (range is following number), driver's qualy perf. (range following).

First the race perf then the qualy perf .... I think
Date: October 04, 2003 03:42AM
Posted by: RonF1
Yes you are right Forgotten Boy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy