Gp4 Tweaker 2003 Qualy Rules Prob

Posted by joshdifabio 
Gp4 Tweaker 2003 Qualy Rules Prob
Date: October 02, 2003 02:22PM
Posted by: joshdifabio
The GP4 Tweaker 2003 qualy rules tweak used 2 work but now my gp4 just crashes when i try and start a qualy session. i think it is since i installed gpxpatch, but i am not sure, please could some1 help me, thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------

2002 F1 Constructors Standings

Ferrari - 221

Rest of F1 - 221
Re: Gp4 Tweaker 2003 Qualy Rules Prob
Date: October 02, 2003 05:48PM
Posted by: Madman271
Did u use beta version over v1.042?

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: October 03, 2003 05:36AM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
You should set 2003 options in Tweaker ( I think You use 1043 beta 2 or 3 step ) as Default.
Qualrule.ini should be put in GP4 main folder, if You are using 1042 over ( example: 1043 beta 2 step version), or in gp4tweaker_data folder, if You are using 1043 beta 3 step version.
Is it right, Madman?

nicol@cciarri
Date: October 03, 2003 07:19AM
Yes, you right. :)
Just additional notes: in Beta 3, INI files can be stored to any folders under GP4 main directory, not just only at gp4tweak_data folder. It can be done by adjusting file path in gp4tweak.ini file.

This is a quick migration of 2003 Qual Rules from Beta 2 to Beta 3:
1) Move your old qualrule.ini to gp4tweak_data folder.
2) Edit gp4tweak.ini file using text editor and set "QualRules2003" to 1 under SYSTEM_TWEAKS_ENABLE section.

And because Nicola was the same problem (and now solved), it would more objective if we follow his way than mine.

Date: October 03, 2003 01:35PM
It still crashes :( . Currently in my GP4 folder I have the gp4tweak.ini file, gp4tweak.log, gp4tweak.bin, gp4tweak.dll and gp4tweak.msg. I also have qualrule.ini in my Grand Prix 4 main directory as well as in the gp4tweaker_data folder. In the gp4tweaker.ini file I have qualrule.ini set to 1. Thanks for your help

PS If I try and start up the game from the GP4 Tweaker program, it appears to think about starting up because the screen goes black, but after a couple of seconds it just goes back to the gp4tweaker screen. Could this problem be related?

Ferrari - 221

Rest of F1 - 221
Date: October 03, 2003 03:34PM
As Nicola said, crashes can happen if you still enabling 2003 qual rules in v1.042. Open your GP4 Tweaker program, go to tweak number 16: 2003 Qualifying Rules, then give checkmark ion "default" checkbox. Apply the change.

For correct file location in beta 3 usage, use this guidelines:

gp4tweak.dll -> must be in GP4 directory.
gp4tweak.ini -> must be in GP4 directory.
gp4tweak.log -> handled internaly, can be deleted.
gp4tweak.bin -> handled internaly, do not move or delete it.
gp4tweak.msg -> no longer used. If you ever altering this file before, rename as msg.ini and move it to gp4tweak_data folder.
qualrule.ini -> If you ever altering this file before, move it to gp4tweak_data folder.

For easy migration from beta 2 to beta 3, follow uninstall section in beta 2 readme and installation section in beta 3 readme. I also recommend to download config_template.zip and extract it to your GP4 directory (be sure to specify "extract with full path" feature in your zip archiver).

About the last question, that was normal (about 1-4 seconds) when you see a small delays after GP4 exit and return control to GP4 Tweaker. This is necessary to ensure all resources used by GP4 has freed.

Date: October 04, 2003 02:08PM
Thanks Madman that worked, thanks Nicola for your help too. ;)

Ferrari - 221

Rest of F1 - 221
Date: October 05, 2003 02:53AM
Posted by: bully
Through that thread I got mine working too ... THX

Driver for RaceCar in GP4IL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy