Sound help

Posted by edd882 
Sound help
Date: October 01, 2003 04:35AM
Posted by: edd882
I did search for this so don't slate me! :)

I have an nforce mobo with the onboard soundstorm I believe it's called. The problems are that when watching externally it sounds like you are always driving through the tunnel at Monaco. Internally my engine sound is fine, but the same reverb thing applys to the AI cars sounds :(

If i turn off 3d sound then it solves that, but it makes the other problem I have even worse, which is some rather harsh distortion sounds that really pierce my ears for a split second. Again, this seems to be coming from the external sounds and is at its worst when viewing from external.

Any ideas as to how I can straighten this out?

Thanks.

Post Edited (10-01-03 12:14)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Do you see Darrell Waltrip using up his tyres?
Re: Sound help
Date: October 01, 2003 06:02AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Have you tried decreasing the Hardware Acceleration on your sounbd card? Also have you tried updating to the latest drivers?

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: October 01, 2003 06:15AM
Yeah I have tried the decreasing the acceleration but no joy. I was hoping to avoid the drivers update because it opens a whole can of worms for me in my situation (don't ask :P). But I guess if thats whats needed.

Date: October 04, 2003 08:12AM
Updating the drivers didn't help it :(

Can someone clarify that soundstorm does actually work with GP4?

Are there any other drivers I can get to use? The motherboard in question is an Asus A7N8X Deluxe and I'm running Windows XP.

Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy