trackloading

Posted by Dahie 
trackloading
Date: September 16, 2003 08:24AM
Posted by: Dahie
hi

as often I've got some problems with my wads and GP4 crashes during the loading of the tracks. I tried several wads to find the error, but I can't find it. Know I looking for a list, where all files which are loaded are logged and in their right order. I browsed through some forums(I used the search ;) ) But I didn't find a complete list. Only some files(cars.wad, anim.wad) But what else is participated in that loading process?

cu >> Dahie

Website | Blog | Twitter | CTDP: Site Blog Twitter
Re: trackloading
Date: September 16, 2003 08:45AM
Posted by: tux
where abouts does it crash?

i think the order is, track.wad cars.wad anim.wad but im not sure. cars and track might be the other way round (cars then track)

Date: September 16, 2003 10:47PM
It crashes during the middle. It shouldn't be the cars.wad, because I tried different versions and it crashes even with the original. The anim.wad is also not the reason, because it is also original. The tracks are not changed.

The only reason I could find else is that I changed the f1grafics.cfg, but I don't know why it would cause the crashes during loading.

Date: September 17, 2003 12:16AM
Posted by: fongu
hmmm, thats weird, my second installation doesnt like new cars.wad's for some reason!

Date: September 17, 2003 01:58AM
Posted by: Caelen
try searching for a program called filemon, thers a version for xp and one for 98. run this and then run gp4 after gp4 crashes check filemons output to see what file caused the crash
Date: September 17, 2003 03:45AM
Posted by: papsie
I had the same problem a while ago and then I changed the anim.wad with the default one and it solved my problem.
Date: September 17, 2003 11:20PM
thx, i'll try filemon :)

Date: September 17, 2003 11:30PM
Posted by: Bernie The Bolt
filemon? The GP4 crash fighting pokemon...must be a new one...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy