FPS

Posted by JonVic 
FPS
Date: September 15, 2003 11:58AM
Posted by: JonVic
I have recently discovered that by pressing the key on the left hand side of the no.1 key (dont know what it is called) i get a good info readout of processor occupancy fps and helmet positions etc. I dont know if this is a default thing or if i thas arrived during my construction of my 2003 season from somewhere.

Anyway the weird thing is that no matter what i change on the in-game menus related to fps i always get 27fps in my game readout. I have calibrated and tested using the graphics option, i have also adjusted the slider thingy to high and low and always 27 damn fps. Whay wont this change, i have a gf2mx 64mb card in case that makes a diff.

I know my card is crap but i can get a recommended fps of 40 when the game is default and around 32-36 with all my add-ons such as vipers cars with hi res textures, so what would i do to change this and get the fps higher. It could be a duff reading and the fps could be changed in the menus but not show up on the readout but i dont know. Can anyone offer some words of wisdom?
Re: FPS
Date: September 15, 2003 12:10PM
Posted by: Madman271
I get 20 fps when using manual graphics setting to 20 fps. :)
Dunno where the hell that text was came from...
GP4 cheat console, maybe. :)

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: September 15, 2003 12:21PM
Posted by: markko
lol. or in his case, crash console, jonvic has had the most problems EVER!

Date: September 16, 2003 05:54AM
and you insist reminding me of this every time i post markko!

Its okay after playing with it for a while i realised it takes several laps for a correct reading to register and then it shows the correct fps registered in the graphics setup. I really dunno where the text came from but its a handy thing to have, it really is a mystery where it came from, but im not arguing:)
Date: September 16, 2003 12:24PM
JonVic, if you using automatic graphics adjustment, it possible for having FPS going to be changed during races. This is normal behaviors since GP4 will re-calculating all graphics settings for every one second.

However, FPS info might incorrect when show up from paddock view (seem to be doubled) because GP4 draw 3D objects twice in single thread process, one for 3D paddock view and other for race view mapped to paddock screen monitor.

If you want static FPS, use manual graphics adjustment, adjust sliders for desired FPS and test whenever current FPS procude smooth framerate transitions and PO doesn't exceed 100%. To boost performances, try do play with f1graphics.cfg tweaking. You'll also gain benefits with smaller texture size for cars and tracks graphics. DirectX was improved for 256x256 texture dimension, which was a good balance between performance and graphic quality.

And about those FPS etc informations, it was came from GP4 Tweaker. ;)
I'd surprised you didn't notice it.

Date: September 16, 2003 12:29PM
Thanks for the info madman, but i dont use gp4 tweaker:) So it wasnt that:)
Date: September 16, 2003 12:35PM
Posted by: ZaZ
I think you ARE using gp4 tweaker, except you are not aware of that.
You don't have to run gp4tweaker everytime.. just once.
once you ran it -> the exe is patched and it loads tweaker along with gp4.
Otherwise there are lots of people (including me) who want to know how you did it ;)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: September 16, 2003 12:42PM
Lol. It working like PE virus. ;)

btw; Nice sig, Zaz. More "technical" than before, though I like it very much. :)
I'm waiting whenever those letters runs down like The Matrix effect. :)

Date: September 16, 2003 01:21PM
Posted by: b-tone
wow, i got it in seconds.
it isnt sig, man, u2e, plum, picture of nuns, guys smoking joints, swans, goblins, evil rabbits, more evil rabbits in a japanese style.
ow sore eyes.
i even knew what to look for this time.

____
Tony

Date: September 16, 2003 01:23PM
Posted by: markko
I do have to reming u dont I!!!

Date: September 16, 2003 01:24PM
Posted by: tux
i cant see his name in it :(

i see lots of 3s and an X :-o and mabey a bicicle :s

Date: September 16, 2003 01:36PM
Jon, try to copy that pic, paste to your image editor then zoom 2x or resize 200%. You'll see the portrait of Zaz there. :)

Date: September 16, 2003 01:39PM
nope, dont see it :-o

Date: September 16, 2003 01:50PM
Couldn't see Zaz portrait? Ask him to sent you one. :)
Just see through the pic, imagine you see something behind the pic.

Date: September 16, 2003 02:06PM
I SEE IT! but it looks like one of thos green alians i have in my room :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy