Gp4 crashing so it's back to Gp3(King)

Posted by mautsi 
Re: Gp4 sucks so it's back to Gp3(King)
Date: September 14, 2003 12:56PM
Posted by: mautsi
I tried everything on options,all set to minimal or step by step to max and no difference at all how fast it runs.Didn't try without sounds but somebody
said that via chipdrivers where to blame sometimes on older drivers?
Updated and olddated all drivers on my pc to no avail : (
There now all updated.

A friend of my has a amd 1.3ghz palomino,512mb,geforce 4 4200,abit mainboard with nvidia chipset,80gb hd and win xp and it runs at 27fps without problem....

Does tweaking windows sound quality really affect game performance?
Haven't thought of that before i've being playing with drivers mostly....
Date: September 14, 2003 01:37PM
Posted by: Madman271
Guys, Mautsi only complain that he wasunable to reach higher FPS on GP4 so he decide to stick back with GP3. Please do not judge him badly. :)

Mautsi, GP3 and GP4 graphics had totally different and cannot compared only by seen their FPS. Nature rules also working in here. Higher version mean also demand higher specs, and this is also affect to another games. For people with large budgets, a quick solution was upgrades all system hardware which won't out-dated at least to 6 months ahead.

GP4 require not only higher video card performances, but also CPU and sound card. This is because GP4 based from new and old codes carried from previous version/title. If you blaming GP4 because of performance, this is mean you also blaming half of GP3 part. The same situation also affect if GP2 users not fully satisfied with GP3 performance.

About limited availability of GP4 tools and supported stuffs, this is only matter of time. GP3 was released far before GP4 and some resources not far different than GP2. 60% of GP4 resources are totally rebuilt because it was using the great leap of gaming technology in Windows operating system.

Now look at your topic title.
GP4 sucks, mean 50% (or more parts of) GP3 is sucks.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: September 14, 2003 02:22PM
Posted by: b-tone
yeah, stay round for a while.
all your answers aree in here somewhere.

theres enough editors around to do most things, and all the current stuff work well once you figure it out.
once you get the hang of doing it its no problem ;)

there are no good easy editors that work properly with it

not like gp3edit, but theres things now (and coming) that are good enough.

Mods don't work

they should. get Carset Manager (by Zaz). then theres no more probs :)

No new tracks....

true - perhaps you can provide a breakthru...

gp3 is good, but gp4 is a challenge, and worth it once you get going.

don't give up yet...

____
Tony

Date: September 14, 2003 02:34PM
Posted by: ralphi
very whell writen B-Tone

Re: Gp4 crashing so back to Gp3(King)
Date: September 14, 2003 02:48PM
Posted by: mautsi
Bad judgement on topic name....! : )

Many people have used a lot of time on their mods like 1995 and 2003,dtm mod still coming?So having my kind of problems with Gp4 just went over my cup and i had enough.I thank all you modders for making these great mods on Grand Prix Series.

I haven't complained the gameplay course it's stayed the same since gp1 for my point of view(best of F1 games),the net code is terrible compared to Ea-sports F1 99-02 full grid of HUMAN players on netservers!!!Something Gp3 & 4 players can just dream of.Well if u use the hotseatmode u can get a full grid of gamers : ) Crashing when edited and frame rate problem all the time has turned me to the dark side : )

I've had Gp4 for ages,bought it on first day of release a long time ago,by that time with Gp3 there were all kinds of addons for it,track,seasons,carshapes,art,sounds,gppatch...

Don't hate me for loving Gp3 : )
Enjoy if your Gp4 works like a dream this was just my problem that i wanted to tell about and hear your thoughts. : )

Sorry sold already gp4 online for 18
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy