Installing new cars - help!!!

Posted by shep34 
Installing new cars - help!!!
Date: September 14, 2003 04:37AM
Posted by: shep34
Can someone explain to me in basic language how i go about properly installing cars i have downloaded from the web to run in Gp4?? I have got all the cars done by Viper. They self install, and apart from some texture issues with the McLaren, they all work fine. But, i am trying to get my Jaguar looking good, and after several attempts, i have had plain white, another time bits of the green and black showing...!!! I have no idea what i am doing!! lol!
And, i have had no luck seeing the 2003 helmets i downloaded, either!!
If someone can tell me what sort of files go where in the cars wad file once i have extracted it via GP4Master, i am sure i could get the hang of this!simply

PLEASE HELP!!!! lol
Re: Installing new cars - help!!!
Date: September 15, 2003 06:51PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
shep34

The Jaguar problem is one that presents itself often. Did you copy the additional lod files as stated in the read me. Once you make addtional lod files your problem will be solved.

As for the the helmets, ensure you have the file names defined the same as they appear in the original game. Some helmet designers might name their helmets schumacher.tex or what ever, ensure they are defined as driver 1_1.tex etc. Also if you are running the 9.6 Official Patch, some driver helmets get scored in a different directory, can't remember of hand but I think is the folder named Cars.

Hope this helps...

Buzz

To finish first, first you have to finish
Date: September 15, 2003 11:30PM
Posted by: shep34
Installing cars, and all these lod files, textures etc has got me confused!! lol!! I have all the cars installed properly, apart from the Jaguar and Mclaren. What i really need is to be explained where each file needs to go, once i have exrtracted all the files from the cars.wad file. It just confuses me!! lol!!!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Date: September 16, 2003 12:02AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
If you extracted wad file into let's say c:\cars folder, then all carshapes, car textures and helmets should go in c:\cars\cars folder. So, there's another cars folder in your cars.wad file.
Driver helmets no. 9, 10, and 21 should go in your grandprix4\cars folder, so nothing to do with cars.wad file.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy