Strange cars.wad size

Posted by no. 27 
Strange cars.wad size
Date: September 10, 2003 11:39AM
Posted by: no. 27
Some days ago, I decided to update my good ole 2001 cars.wad (modified) to the 2003 season.

The result was a 75 MB monster.

After that, say just for fun, I created the same file with the same updates from the scratch and got a 62 MB cars.wad. Anyone knows the reason for that?

In memorian: The all time greatest RACER

He didn't really want to win the races, he didn't really want to win the world championchip. He wanted to win every single lap. ...............................Jody Scheckter
Re: Strange cars.wad size
Date: September 10, 2003 02:22PM
Posted by: ralphi
Maybe you did something wrong!?!?!?!?!

Date: September 11, 2003 02:19AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
mine 101 mb that's a monster ;)
Date: September 11, 2003 02:33AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I think i just have a strange cars.wad

Date: September 11, 2003 06:59AM
Posted by: LarryM
It's weird. My cars.wad doubled after I updated a cockpit. Someone here suggested that the cars.wad might have another cars.wad inside it. "Hahahaha" :) I thought. But what the hell, let's have a look, and.... sure as hell, there it was :-o a cars.wad inside the cars.wad. Don't know how it happens, but sometimes GP4 master seems to do weird things. Have alook inside ypour cars.wad cars folder and check that you don't have the same problem.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: September 11, 2003 07:02AM
Posted by: LarryM
It's weird. My cars.wad doubled after I updated a cockpit. Someone here suggested that the cars.wad might have another cars.wad inside it. "Hahahaha" :) I thought. But what the hell, let's have a look, and.... sure as hell, there it was :-o a cars.wad inside the cars.wad. Don't know how it happens, but sometimes GP4 master seems to do weird things. Have alook inside your cars.wad cars folder and check that you don't have the same problem.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy