Track Editors

Posted by markko 
Track Editors
Date: September 10, 2003 10:25AM
Posted by: markko
Whats happening with track editors, havent heard anything in weeks.

Re: Track Editors
Date: September 10, 2003 11:05AM
Posted by: Beostar
Think the best way is to experiment as much with Lo2K his editor and see what it does :)
Date: September 10, 2003 11:39AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Perfectly right !
I'm on 3DEditor 4.6 but it won't afford much for more than better camera editing concerning "physical" track editing (plus some more things on other aspects of the tools :))

Date: September 11, 2003 05:48PM
Posted by: DEF
I´m desperado.......for track editor

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: September 12, 2003 12:36AM
Posted by: Timzaghi
I'm wondering, I didn't try to edit tracks yet, did geoff fully made the old track at monza also?? I mean just the objects.

Date: September 12, 2003 12:43AM
Posted by: b-tone
theoritically it should be possible to make tracks. but its just that the cc's wont follow it.
i thought about taking away the imola chicanes or smething. for test driving

____
Tony

Date: September 12, 2003 11:11AM
CC are not a problem because you don't need to hex edit track files anymore, 3DEditor is in fact a full interface to hex editing + cc checksum for track .dat files.

Date: September 13, 2003 03:39AM
So if i get it right . the .dat file holds the physical track right? so where do you change the texured track? or isn't that possible? I had a look in the .bin and .col files but you can't really change the shape of the track in there right?

Prolly a dumb question but Its better to ask now than never :)
Date: September 13, 2003 03:48AM
- Open/Edit/Save .gp4 files (with or without textures) but the flashlights
- Open/Edit/save .dat files (physical track) - New : Jip file used can now be switched, cameras can be deleted / recreated -
- Open/Edit/Save .col files (surface behaviours)
- Open/Edit/Save .bin files (track road)

ok nvm :)
it was on Lo2K site i just didn't see it :)
Date: September 13, 2003 05:42AM
:) i usually write everything needed, weither in the gp4form weither on my site :)

Date: September 13, 2003 07:31AM
Posted by: Alex13
Who knows, maybe in a few months from now we will be able to have new tracks....(mmmm sounds good;) )

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: September 13, 2003 08:05AM
I'm guessing but I think the most important step is linking the col , bin and dat files to eachother so you can edit them all @ once.

Cause I tried putting in a chicane between the 2 lesmo's and it worked in all 3 of them but the only problem is to put the chicane at the same place.
Date: September 13, 2003 08:35AM
Thats nice to hear Beostar!

TIP: Try simpler ideas and develop them.

Date: September 13, 2003 08:48AM
That was the simpilest thing i could think off cause that was the only part where the curve value was 0 so the total track length wouldn't be changed.
Date: September 13, 2003 09:00AM
Oh ok. Do u have any screenshots?

Date: September 13, 2003 09:16AM
hehe. nope it isn't that spectacular to see. But if its visible enough you'll see one :)
Date: September 13, 2003 09:27AM
Posted by: Xero
Yeah, they need to be linked... im sure Lo2k is looking into it!

The default track files don't actually fit perfectly together anyway... thats why you see some cars "float" at some points. I think they did this to make the physical track bumpy, without having to make the visual track high-poly. Obviously, there are some bugs here and there!

Date: September 13, 2003 02:25PM
@Beostar: You did it on 2 of them ? which ones ? dat and bin i suppose.
But did you tried the modified .dat ? i doubt it works as you wish because it doesn't for me and that's why i won't look how gather all file types before .dat file editing will be understand... .dat files are the key here.

Date: September 13, 2003 04:06PM
well I managed to get it working on the first file which stupid enough I deleted. Took me a while to get another working again but i changed sector t497/498/499/500 to -6000/6000/6000/-6000 respectivly it worked without a problem in game. And you can see the cars having to go tru the grass to take the changed lay-out.(I'm talking about monza here)
Then changed the .bin file and tried to change the .col file but that didn't completly work.

I tried using different sectors between the first and second lesmo and some of them work but when you change other it doesn't. Gonna experiment a bit more tomorrow and see what happens.
Btw is it possible that if you look at the file in hex edit that once the last line of the file isn't (for monza) 00147816 the file doesn't load in GP4 and ultimatly crashes the whole thing?

Prolly told you thinks you already know but was just wondering.

EDIT : Just tried the same thing again on sector 416/417/418/419 with values 5k/-5k/-5k/5k The file loaded without a problem but the cars just went straight to the right of the track driving tru the fences without any problems @ all. and after the first chicane everything was back to normal??

Post Edited (09-13-03 23:15)
Date: September 13, 2003 05:33PM
Yep, that's it, i got this too, cars are running straight to the right (or to the left) and come back at first chicane (still speaking about Monza) and they leave again the track at the fast chicane to travel the parabolic and come back at first chicane at best...don't know what happen...
About latest line of the file in hexadecimal, that code is the checksum and and it has to be changed according to changes anywhere made in the file.
That's why you can't use hex editor with tracks without making them crashing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy