Say goodbye to me

Posted by dreams come trulli 
Say goodbye to me
Date: September 02, 2003 11:16AM
Posted by: dreams come trulli
Unfortunately, I had some problems with GP4 and now I can't install it anymore so, you'll have to miss me. Sorry guys, damn pc
Re: Say goodbye to me
Date: September 02, 2003 11:21AM
Posted by: ralphi
nnnnooooo.......don't go!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
how villmake all the beutiful screenis..

Date: September 02, 2003 11:27AM
I know :s:s:s:s:
Date: September 02, 2003 11:34AM
Posted by: Pooky
dont go mate!

you must have one of the best forum names in here!!!!!

Date: September 02, 2003 11:37AM
Posted by: erwin_78
goodbye to me

WYSIWYG / F1: Overtaking has become a strategy!
Date: September 02, 2003 11:40AM
Posted by: ralphi
There is something you can do to make gp4 work.... reinstall windows.... that's what i did..

Date: September 02, 2003 12:00PM
Posted by: Alex13
I have kept a backup CD with my GP4 files, just in case someday setup stops working... Then I just keep the registry (make an update registry thingy) and GP4 is like instaled from the CD!

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: September 02, 2003 12:04PM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Noooooo!!!!!! Don't leave! :( There's always something u can do... Try to reinstall Windows, normally it solves any type of problem. If u would like to, at Gp4Italia we'll be glad to try to solve u'r problem. [www.freeforumzone.it] Try, the Gp4 community would miss u a lot... :(

Post Edited (09-02-03 19:05)

Date: September 02, 2003 12:20PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Don't leave, clean the registry (look up on computer sites) of any references to GP4....I presume the problem is you deleted it, and can't reinstall it because the computer thinks its still there?

There's always an answer short of re installing windows, cos you lose a full weekend that way, its not worth it.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: September 02, 2003 12:22PM
Posted by: b-tone
what happens when ou try to reinstall?

dont give up so easy

____
Tony

Date: September 02, 2003 12:37PM
I tried several times, when I reinstall it he stops at the anim.wad file or at the silverstone.bak file and gives an error and quits the setup. :s
Date: September 02, 2003 12:43PM
Posted by: Ellis
Sounds like the CD is buggered. Any scratches or anything? Note that if ur on broadband u can LEAGALLY download the game since u have a copy but its borken

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 02, 2003 12:48PM
No, cause I used my old cd ----> error, then from my friend ---> error, copy it to a new one ---> error and today from another friend ----> error
so? :s:s:s
Date: September 02, 2003 12:48PM
Posted by: markko
Oh man, don't leave. I agree with Ellis. I think he is right.

Date: September 02, 2003 12:55PM
Posted by: villej
If you have Daemon tools or cloneCD or any other virtual CD-drives, disable them before you install the game.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: September 02, 2003 12:55PM
how do you mean?
Date: September 02, 2003 12:56PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
There's always an answer short of re installing windows, cos you lose a full weekend that way, its not worth it

Is your PC a Commodore 64? Last time i did this is took about 2 hours, including re-installing drivers and software, and GP4, which caused the re-install (well the 9.6 patch thing did)

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: September 02, 2003 01:01PM
It's the pc of my dad, so he won't like that :s
Date: September 02, 2003 01:04PM
Posted by: b-tone
copy the cd to the hd and try from there

____
Tony

Date: September 02, 2003 01:08PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Well maybe you don't have much stuff on your pc, but I've got loads of video clips, tv episodes, music and uni work on there, so I have to make backup cds first.

Besides, I'm sure most people woukld prefer to do these things gradually, so they can actually have some fun too.......maybe some people enjoy formatting etc, but I haven't met any yet! ;)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy