Extraction - How to for Viper's cars

Posted by Buzz Hornet 
Extraction - How to for Viper's cars
Date: August 31, 2003 08:38PM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Could somebody please assist with instructions on which files to use after extracting files (WinRar).

I download Viper's TF103 extracted files and have a working TF103 Folder. Inside this folder is files called tf103XXX.wii - do I need to use these files. I have never heard of .wii files before.

I also have a carshape folder and texture folder.

Carshapes

All called Toyota.lod files seeing as though I want to use them in the original GP4 order do I need to rename all to Prost.lod files?

Textures

Quite a few different file names, generally though all have a toyota prefix in the name. Do I simply rename the file with "Prost" where "Toyota" is defined. And what about the other files like brakedisc.tex, carbfbd.tex etc

I no how to extract using GP4 Master, am I on the right track?

Cheers

Buzz

To finish first, first you have to finish
Re: Extraction - How to for Viper's cars
Date: September 01, 2003 01:58AM
Posted by: Peter Dunham
yep your right, change the LOD names but not the TEX names and your done

Refuse to Lose
Date: September 01, 2003 02:23AM
Peter thanks for your reply,

You say don't change the name of the textures?
But here was no Toyota in 2001 so how does it reference it?
I am confused :(

Date: September 01, 2003 03:02AM
Posted by: Alex13
Guys. First I suggest that you use a new cars.wad (the default one)
Then using Gp4 master extract all your cars.wad files. Then find all vipers cars setup.exe. Right click on the setup.exe and click "open with winrar. Extract all the files of the cars in a new folder (each can in a different one, just in case...).
Then take all the .gp4 files from vipers cars and put them in your cars wad folder (assuming that u use GP4 master). Only the toyota and renault .gp4 files need to be renamed (for example : car_toyota_car1_lod_0.gp4 renamed to car_prost_car1_lod_0.gp4 and for car_renault_car1_lod_0.gp4 to car_beneton_car1_lod_0.gp4) After you do that, find the texture files. You will now have to rename brakedisc.tex to hi_brakedisc.tex. Also add " hi_ " to the following files: carbfbd.tex, cockpit.tex, engine_inter.tex, tcam.tex. Put these files in your cars.wad folder. Just delete the .tex files that start with "st_".
In the textures folder of each car you will find a texture file called *_body.tex (all the names are: bar_body.tex, renault_body.tex, ferrari_body.tex, williams_body.tex, mclaren_body.tex, sauber_body.tex, and toyota_body.tex) You will have to add "hi_" to all these *_body.tex files after that these files should look like this: hi_bar_body.tex, hi_renault_body.tex, hi_ferrari_body.tex, hi_williams_body.tex, hi_mclaren_body.tex, hi_sauber_body.tex, and hi_toyota_body.tex
After you've done that you only have the car .tex files! No need to rename these files, just copy them all in your cars.wad folder. Thats it. all the cars now should be in the game and working(with gp4 default order)!

Post Edited (09-01-03 12:11)

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: September 01, 2003 03:14PM
Posted by: Peter Dunham
Yeah what he said LOL, Plus Hornet a car shape or LOD file can look for Any name Tex_X file, that can be changed with a HEX editor pretty easyly but to save time if its made already to look for a stand alone tex file then i leave it alone

Refuse to Lose
Date: September 01, 2003 03:50PM
Thanks for your assistance guys,

Peter's way works and is very simple had it sussed in a few minutes.

Thanks again...

Date: September 02, 2003 07:07AM
Posted by: Keando
Hi Guys, I understand the extraction process for Vipers cars etc that Alex13 has detailed for the GP4 order - what changes are needed if I want to install the cars in the season 2003 order.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Date: September 02, 2003 07:53AM
Posted by: Muks_C
If you want 2003 order, you change the carshape names of the car you want to install to the name of the car in the slot you want the car in.

e.g

mclaren were team 2 in 2001, williams team 3 in 2001

2003 change mclaren carshape names to williams and williams to mclaren

DON'T CHANGE .TEX FILE NAMES ONLY CARSHAPES
Date: September 02, 2003 08:23AM
Cheers for the info - I'll give that a go

Keando
Date: September 02, 2003 04:03PM
The only problem I found was that it was a huge process to do.

The cars where easy enough using Lo2K's livery editor but

Also need to change helmets, helmet positions, menu screens - drivers and grid, performance files, pitcrews, need to update to Ricardo's updated 2003 Track versions and more. For the minute I will leave it and do it at the end of the season.

I started but gave up.....I need holidays perhaps.

Buzz

Date: September 03, 2003 02:32AM
Posted by: JonVic
Guys surely if you change the lod file names of the toyota to prost then you will have to change those tex file names to prost as well else how is it going to work with the carshape lods being named prost but the textures named toyota???
Date: September 03, 2003 02:36AM
Thanks for the instructions - these were a great help, but I have one small problem remaining:

I am using the 2003 season order for GP4 and manually installed the cars and textures and all apart fom the Toyota appeared ok. Toyota has Jaguar textures as well as the Jaguar team. Tried a couple of other ideas but ended up with the drivers view showing Jaguar but out of car shots show Toyota. Another option meant I lost the Minardi textures for the Toyota ones. The Prost cars are all white as a "fantasy" team.

Anybody got any ideas so I can get the Toyota installed in the correct position for 2003 order.

TIA

Keando
Date: September 03, 2003 02:40AM
Posted by: papsie
Thanks for the advice and tips, worked on a default wad for an half hour a,d everything works great.

Thanks Alex
Date: September 03, 2003 07:07AM
To JonVic, no you don't need to change the .tex file names, because the carshape files 'look' for the .tex files they were assigned to. It doesn't matter what name you give to the carshape files, they will always look for the .tex files that came with the shape.

It doesn't matter if you change the toyota carshape filenames to prost, the shape will still look for toyota.tex. The information for which .tex file to look for is 'inside' the LOD files, so it doesn't matter what name you give to LODs, they will still look for toyota etc.
Date: September 03, 2003 10:28AM
Posted by: mountain66
Keando:Try and rename the toyota LOD's to Arrows that did the trick for me.

Date: September 03, 2003 11:52AM
Thanks for the advice. I am getting a strange prob. though, i am only getting 1 car showing. In the ferrari team for example i have 1 viper car and 1 default car, how has that happened? Also i am getting the default cockpit as well. For example i installed the renaults and got 1 renault??? and then on top of that had renault views from external and all other views except for cockpit which was a benetton view, what is going on???:(
Date: September 03, 2003 03:00PM
Posted by: darrenj
mmmmmm.
this is why I am still playing a 2002 car and anime by mrevil,
because this is toooooooo much of a hassle!!!

===========================================================================
Core i7 920@ 3.8, 3x2gig DDR3 ram, GA X58 UD5 mobo, Powercolor ATI HD 5850 1gig, Cheiftec 750W, CM HAF 922 case.
Shop lifters of the world, unite and take over.
Date: September 04, 2003 11:25AM
JonVic are you manually installing the cars? Or are you using the wad installer?

If manually, make sure you copy all the LODs for car 1 and car 2.
Date: September 04, 2003 02:16PM
Mountain66: Thanks for that worked a treat for getting them in the right slots :-)

Now need to sort out why the rear end of all the installed cars have no colours :-(

Keando
Date: September 05, 2003 10:15AM
when i extract the files from vipers cars i dont get any car files labelled no.1 and 2 where would these be and how would they be written, im pretty confused:(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy