Problems in the following Viper's cars

Posted by aquarius_varun 
Problems in the following Viper's cars
Date: August 31, 2003 01:55PM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
Hi guys,

Sorry I made another new thread instead of posting directly in the other ones.
Ok now to the subject.

I have downloaded viper's
1)f2003 GA
2)FW25
3)R23
4)TF13
5)BAR

It nearly took 1 hr to get all the cars set up correctly.But I am not using viper's ferrai yet becos,(see the below pic)and this is the lod sent to me by jloo and Muks_C .

And the mclaren, Most of that tex problem is solved but I still find that it again happens at this specific corner at A1 ring.for test try to select some car and drive at A1 ring such that u r close with a mclaren.Now at that corner in the Tarck cam u can see the bug.

All other cars are working fine

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Re: Problems in the following Viper's cars
Date: August 31, 2003 02:01PM
Posted by: ralphi
is the williams viper's car??

Date: August 31, 2003 02:06PM
Yup! it is

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 31, 2003 02:07PM
Posted by: shatonska
i have no problems with ferrari nor mclaren , sometimes they depend on the graphic configuration
i use another williams i find this new a bit confused
toyota is much better but like many of this cars they lack on rear clearness
ciao
anyway these are good i use 4 of them
Date: August 31, 2003 02:11PM
Posted by: ralphi
i don't have a problem with any of his cars

Date: August 31, 2003 02:15PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Have you tried downsampling the .tex files?

For some reason, I've gotta crazy problem where the cars will only work if Ferrari 1.tex is 1024 and Ferrari 2.tex is 512! and my Toyota is screwing up if the car gets remotley far away from the camera.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: August 31, 2003 04:07PM
I think that is what is happening with my ferrari Ian! Similiar, it screws up if the car is far! ANyway I did like ferrari's old barge boards, so I suppose I'll stick to the older version, till someone else makes a total radical change to the car;)

Date: September 01, 2003 02:45AM
Posted by: markko
I dont believe that this pack is up to his usual standard.

Date: September 01, 2003 03:23AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Could somebody please send me the corrected Ferrari load file..
jwinton@bigpond.net.au

Thanks in advance

To finish first, first you have to finish
Date: September 01, 2003 04:01AM
Posted by: MViper
I'm also having problem with Viper's cars.. I will not open a new topic tho..

The problem is, i DL'ed these cars:

bar 005
c22
fw25
mp417d
r23b
tf103

The problem is, when i install Williams or McLaren car in GP4 order, if i install Williams, the McLaren team have also Williams carshape and livery, if i install McLaren, the Williams team have McLaren carshape and livery, so that means there are 4 McLarens or 4 Williamses, the same happens when i install the Sauber, it also overwrites BAR, and Toyota overwrites Minardi if i install it in Prost Slot, so that means, that installer must be broken or what?

And if I install on regular slot, that means the car and team should be in 2002 grid order, the same happens with McLaren and Williams as above, the problem is also with BAR which doesn't install itself, the livery is corrupted and it's 2001 sauber carshape [i'm using original 2001 cars.wad file] .. So, is there any kind man, who can send me the Viper's cars.wad file in no matter which order .. ??

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: September 01, 2003 04:12AM
Posted by: Alex13
Check this thread
[grandprix3.com]
and read my post. This way you will be able to install the cars manualy & get them working likemthey should

Post Edited (09-01-03 11:18)

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: September 01, 2003 04:50AM
Thanx mate! I'll do that!

Date: September 01, 2003 05:38AM
Alex13:

OK, i installed GP4, i have default cars.wad file..

Than what?

The problem is, that i did everything by your instructions [i had to overwrite A LOT of files] and it's the same .. Erm.. Well.. The Renault is completely white, and those files which i had to rename already existed. For example adding "hi_" to bar_body.tex [or anyother file]..

It doesn't work no matter what I do.. i have 4 McLaren's OR 4 Williamses OR 4 Toyota's .. And when i install Sauber C22 its also installed on BAR's slot, that means i also have 4 Saubers.. And if i than install BAR005 i have corrupted BARs livery on Sauber carshape ..

It would be much easier if Viper's car wud be in *.gp4 and *.tex files instead of auto install, u would just open the cars.wad with gp4master, overwrite files and recompile it back ..

Date: September 01, 2003 09:34AM
Posted by: Alex13
You probably made a mistake somewhere....It took me more than 1hour to find out how to use the files myself.... If someone has the patience to send him the files via msn,(coz I have only 64k isdn) and server to upload all the files, maybe I could make all a "pack" for manual instalation with the correct file names so the only thing left for you guys to do is just put the files in your wads...

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: September 01, 2003 01:23PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Has anyone who downloaded the latest F2003-GA had the new barge boards on BOTH cars? Some people have had the same problem as me (Michaels cars has 'old' barge boards, but Rubens has 'new';) and by putting the Lod_0 from the test pack it creates the new problem as shown in the screenshot above, where Michaels car is all red when viewing another car.
Date: September 01, 2003 04:42PM
Posted by: Muks_C
To Aquarius Varun and others having trouble with the latest Ferrari.

I have now got mine working perfectly. All I did was extract the files from the zipped file I downloaded and manually installed it again, and this time it worked. I don't know why I had the problem in the first place. Michaels car looks perfect even from other cars. Just try it again and hopefully it will work for you. All textures apear correctly, and the problem as shown in the screenshot above is gone.

Good luck.
Date: September 01, 2003 05:33PM
I tried it 2 to 3 times and I still have the prob!!

Date: September 01, 2003 06:22PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
@aquarius_varun

Try downsampling to 512x512 on the hi_ferrari_1 and 2.tex files, as this seemed to solve my problem with it.

Post Edited (09-02-03 01:24)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: September 01, 2003 07:56PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
I've just spent the last 3 hours sorting it all out. If you follow the instructions laid out above and ditch all the "downsampled" lod foles (i.e. Keep lod_0 for each car and just copy it and rename it 1 to 4 and paste them in). Hey, it looks great!
Another byproduct of all this is that after starting with the original cars.wad and using Vipers cars (and a few other good cars - Jag etc) my "wad" is down to about 77Mb as opposed to about 118 before.
Viper, you are the dude. You are also a wee bugger and I wish you well with your exams.
Now, back to Spa!

....................I quite like this now.
Date: September 02, 2003 02:33AM
Alex13:

To be honest, i've lost my patience with this, so i'm using older cars, the only thing that works perfectly from Viper cars is BAR and Renault. Everything else, there are problems..

Erm, could u tell me, how to extract gp4 files from *.exe installation?

BTW: my msn is infimus79@hotmail.com .. i wud be very grateful if u could send me the wad file .. or somebody else, u'll get my ftp in return :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy