1994 mod?

Posted by Leigh Abbott 
1994 mod?
Date: August 29, 2003 01:11AM
Posted by: Leigh Abbott
A bit ago, i heard of a 1994 mod for gp4 being in development. Now does anybody have any information on it? or has it just died?

If so that's a great shame...

Re: 1994 mod?
Date: August 29, 2003 04:44AM
Posted by: mckey415
i suppose you talking about nemo's carset... well, he released one car - williams fw16 - and some great previews and gone. and didn't seem to come back. now two guys making 1994 cars: Duffer and me. Duffer has released 2 cars - benetton b194 and mclaren mp4/9 (two versions) and now he's going to work on larrousse lh94. you can find his cars here: [realgpx.free.fr]. I don't know if he's going to make whole carset.
what about me - i'm going to make it all. but it's still a long way to go. for a moment i released one car - benetton b194 and very soon will release another one - ferrari 412t1. You can find all info about my work here: [f1ad.narod.ru]
one more thing - my and duffer's cars are not compatible due to use of different wheelbase.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 A.D.: 1993-1996 - Future in the past
[f1ad.narod.ru]

1994 Mod Official Website
[grandprixx.com]
Date: August 29, 2003 04:51AM
I had major problems with Nemo's Williams car. When i used the car myself it looked like a very impressive Williams from the 1994 season. When i was in another car it was my 2003 Season Ferrari. I didn't like how it overwritten the ferrari anyway.

Anyway good luck to you! and thanks for the website. I'll go check it out now.

Date: August 29, 2003 05:13AM
Posted by: b-tone
why dont you guys make them compatible and work together?
nemos williams is very nice, and you might be able to include that.
this way we'd have a 94 mod in no time.
i done the pitcrews for the 95 mod, some of which are probably ok for 94.

____
Tony

Date: August 29, 2003 05:36AM
Posted by: mckey415
b-tone:
well, duffer's cars are compatible with with nemo's williams' wheelbase. i use original gp4 wheelbase in my cars. nemo's longer. i don't know why change this parameter. and i'm not gonna change it and i'm not gonna use nemo's williams in my carset. i'll make mine.
didn't know that you made pitcrews for 1995 mod. i'll check wich of them can be used for 1994. can you give me permission for use it with my carset (of course with all author info)? and make additional ones for 1994? Maybe I can provide the photos for you... Also I need textures for driver body. I plan to include it in carshapes but i don't know how to make textures for them. Can you make it?

Leigh Abbott:
gp4 uses different files for carshapes with different level of details. when you close to the car it shows more detailed one, when you step further - it uses file with less details, thus decreasing graphics card load. nemo's williams package includes only highest detail level carshape. you can copy it to another graphics (just rename file to ...lod_1, ...lod_2 etc) levels and it'll be shown right fromn aside but this may slow down your game.

to all others:
i think it's not very good when every simple question causes a storm of quasi-ironic posts about 'use search button'.

Post Edited (08-29-03 12:38)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F1 A.D.: 1993-1996 - Future in the past
[f1ad.narod.ru]

1994 Mod Official Website
[grandprixx.com]
Date: August 29, 2003 11:14AM
Posted by: Ellis
Wheel base's are not hrd to change, it wud take a few minutes of messing bout in ZM to get all cars on same wheel base, thats not a problem

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 29, 2003 11:32AM
Thanks. How do i make it though so that when i am not actually playing as Nemo's Williams it still looks like Nemo's Williams and not the Skin i overwritten

EG: When i play as the car i have patched Nemo's Carskin with it does look like the old williams

When i don't play as the williams, the williams looks like the original skin (In my case 2003 Williams) I have to play as the williams of get extremely close to the williams to see the 1994 car (Close as in have to hit it to get a flash of the skin appear)

Any help would be greatly appriciated

Date: August 29, 2003 11:40AM
Posted by: Duffer
For the wheel base i can use the original wheel base !

But when i start the benetton i trought that Nemo release an other cars.

I can remade my cars in the original wheel base ??

Sorry for my poor English :-(

--------------------------------------------

Date: August 29, 2003 12:29PM
Posted by: b-tone
the wheel base can be anything, but all cars will be the same.
make a realisticish one rather than default.

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy