@ZaZ

Posted by Ianwoollam 
@ZaZ
Date: August 28, 2003 11:46AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Hi, I'm getting problems with your new Carset Manager, Glad to see that the WinXP problem was fixed! :D But now when you load any Carset, It CTD's just before getting into the race :(
Has anyne else been experiencing this?

Post Edited (08-28-03 18:47)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Re: @ZaZ
Date: August 28, 2003 07:09PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I do!
It sucks! I can't race no more!
Aaarrghh!

Date: August 28, 2003 07:37PM
Posted by: Caelen
it happened to me the first time i ran it, but its worked fine every other times, perhaps try creating a new carset instead of using your old one.
Date: August 29, 2003 01:47AM
@Caelen

Tried Deleting and Creating a new carset, but no, It still CTD's. What did you do differently? I'm also interested to see If Ellis has this problem, as he also had the WinXP problem and I'm wondering if its tied in with that.

Date: August 29, 2003 04:13AM
i dont know what i did but my three carsets 2002,2003,1995 all work perfectly including the options of separate gamestate.sav and camedit sets.

ZAZ, just a question, those files which were in the cars folder are now overridden by the relevent files in the wads ?
i actually used the swap files option to change the files withevery carset but this does not seem necessary, does the carset manager automatically use the files in the wad not the cars directory ?

just on minor issue ive found so far, under win 98 the splash screen comes up and wont go away for up to 15 - 20 seconds, whereas under xp it only displays for 1-2 seconds
Date: August 29, 2003 04:47AM
Posted by: ZaZ
CTD's are mainly caused by corrupt wad files. Try to disable the wad files one by one to eliminate the problem. Just rightclick on a carset in the list and choose edit. Then clear the box of the wad files one by one till it works again (hopefully)
Or else you can try to restore your exe file and the switch of options like arm colors etc.. and find out where the problem is.
Although they should work. They have been tested and there were no problems. The only thing that haven't been tested is the point system, because i changed it a little bit just minutes before i released it.
If i screwed up there i'm going to kill myself ;)

@Caelen
yeah you don't need to use the swapfunction for that :)
it just temporary replaces the files with some file from the wad you are using at that time.
And about the splash time... I have no idea what is causing it atm, but there's a workaround for it. It isn't a real solution but maybe it helps...
Open your carset manager.ini and add a line at the [general] section called
Splashtime=10
just try any number till you're satisfied
Good luck ya all ;-)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: August 29, 2003 06:50AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
hey zaz, how did you get that sig?

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: August 29, 2003 06:57AM
made it myself.

Date: August 29, 2003 07:21AM
ok thanks ill try that
Date: August 29, 2003 08:16AM
Posted by: Madman271
made it myself.

By hand?

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: August 29, 2003 08:32AM
Posted by: b-tone
Zaz.
a few more things might be needed in csm:
1 track records patch
2 cc setup patch (very important:) )
3 some other stuff.

ps. i think Ian got it working.

pss.are you related to the zizzer zazzer zuzz?

____
Tony

Date: August 29, 2003 10:34AM
Thanks for your help ZaZ, it seemed that my GP4 installation was knackerd! So I re-installed and it was fine! :)

Just a small request for a future version, could you include track specific helmet/steer/arms positions? As at the moment, I like to start off with the 2002 Ferrari then change to Ferrari 2003 half way through the season, but the helmet/steer/arms positions are all wrong when they change!! :P

If you could include that, that would be brilliant.

Thanks again ZaZ! ;)

Date: August 29, 2003 11:58AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
What did you use to make it?

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: August 29, 2003 02:42PM
IanWollam: you can already have different cc setup per carset. the cc setup is stored in the magic data in circuit.dat file so use the swap option to swap over the circuits when you run a new carset.
Date: August 29, 2003 10:56PM
@Madman271
Yeah sort of...
I was curious how they worked because always was a big fan of it, and did some research. Then wrote a simple program for it which generates a picture of text with random colored noise.
Still have to finish it one day. The latest i've added is that you can use your custom pictures too

@b-tone
Ok
I'm still stuck at one of the first suggestions for csm... (the function which gives the winning lottery numbers)
Maybe i'll have to accept i'm not smart enough for that, and move on to the next item on the list :(
and uh... zizzer zazzer zuzz? who are they? :-o
I'm only related to my family ;)

@Ianwoollam
Thats one thing that is already on the list, and you are very welcome

@Lanky-Lad
1 brain, 10 fingers, lots and lots of jolt-cola, and some cigarettes.
But i don't think you really mean that? so what do you mean?
Be more specific.

@Caelen
the normal swap function is something different than the trackswap thingy.
Although they both should work, but i'd use the trackswap for tracks if i were you.

Date: August 29, 2003 11:11PM
Thanks Caelen. solves a ot of problems maybe :)

____
Tony

Date: August 29, 2003 11:31PM
ah yes, the tracks option , never saw that, bloody hell there sure are a lot of things available
Date: August 30, 2003 12:17AM
how do you install the cc setups ot the dat files?
the cc setup editor import/exports to the exe.

do i need to insert a magic file with cmagic?

and why does the editor take it from the exe?

____
Tony

Date: August 30, 2003 02:58PM
if your going to use magic date you need to have the track ordr set in gpx patch. the cc setup program detects if you have the tracks in the set and automatically decides weather to patch th magicdata or the .exe. the track will be displayed in a different colour depending which. in order to have different setups you would currently have to use the magic data option.
Date: August 30, 2003 03:05PM
so if theres a tracks.ini file in the gpxpatch folder, the cc editor will then patch the dats?
i'll have a go

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy