GP4 and realism yet again following Montoya's spin

Posted by LarryM 
I have those kinds of spins often with my settings and physics etc.

But now I'm using a wheel, so it'll take me a little while to get it back to what it was

Re: GP4 and realism yet again following Montoya's spin
Date: August 25, 2003 03:15PM
Posted by: LarryM
What I mean is losing the back-end in relatively low speed corners.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: August 26, 2003 12:09AM
Posted by: badi
Yes, I can do it

SAUBER will be back!
Date: August 26, 2003 12:52AM
Clever boy. So can I when i really try.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
the other game has awful damage model. that's why i like gp4 much more. and in the other game, you can make the car fly a lot more easily even the car's front and rear wings aren't damaged.

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: August 26, 2003 02:22AM
Posted by: cyrax
where do you get the new hugary track for GP4 from?
Date: August 26, 2003 02:38AM
Posted by: markko
You cannot. GP4 Tracks cannot be edited yet. If you would have searched you would have found this.

Date: August 26, 2003 08:14AM
Markko is always so strict about the search button ;)

Paul: I tried out that tweaked physics file. It's interesting, yes it slides a little easier.. which is nice but overall grip seems to be better than default. I say this because first time out in Hungary I clocked up a time 0,6 sec faster than my best hotlap for the comp (got disqualified). With practice I couldĀ“knock 1-2 secs off my old time. Still couldn't match you though.

Larry
Date: August 26, 2003 08:31AM
Posted by: Pooky
yes the physics file has better performance.

i think 2003 or something.

i use the standard hotlap one when i do hotlaps.

Date: August 26, 2003 10:50AM
Sorry, I am arent I ;)

it happend to me the same corner befor the actual race
u must have the rught phyiscs ...
Date: September 15, 2003 09:15AM
Posted by: rdexter
the other thing i find better solved in that other game is that the car pushes more across the front wheels when you break into tighter corners. you can literally feel how you're approaching the edge in slow corners such as the whiteford turn in melbourne. there is a noticeable balance between the car "pushing" into such a corner and having enough grip to actually make it, and you can gauge this behavior. it feels very realistic (or let's say: what one expects). In GP4 i hardly ever manage the car to actually lock up front wheels and slide, even when it's wet as hell -- the bugger just sticks to the ground like glue...

i agree furthermore with what was said above about GP4 cars feeling too stiff. i actually think it's the lack of head-motion. there is no perspective tilt or swivel of the head when leaning into corners (in cockpit mode), something which the other game actually allows you to adjust.

still: car shapes, tracks, replays, sound (overall) -- the whole sense of "being there" -- that other game still can't even remotely beat GP4 in those areas.
Date: September 15, 2003 09:30AM
Do you have steering help on?
And check out MadMans GP4 tweaker (beta 3).

Date: September 15, 2003 10:16AM
Posted by: Xero
I have spun many times in GP4 for shifting down too quickly! Don't use any aids if you want to get the most out of GP4.

And as markko said... get GP4 Tweaker... the head movement for cockpit view is brilliant!

Date: September 15, 2003 11:54AM
thats true xero

i was hotlapping around monza with manual gears, and i downchanged to quickly, the back slid out and i had to steer into the slide to keep the car on the track

was very realistic

Date: September 16, 2003 12:23AM
Posted by: jp2
Paul: I tried out that tweaked physics file. It's interesting, yes it slides a little easier.. which is
nice but overall grip seems to be better than default. I say this because first time out in Hungary I
clocked up a time 0,6 sec faster than my best hotlap for the comp

hi,
just saw you talking about that physics i sent a while ago.
use the physics-file together with the 2003-performance-file i sent with it (check car power team dependant). should give you and the AI (almost) 2003 laptimes and top speeds.

greetings, jp
Date: September 16, 2003 03:04AM
Posted by: norseS4
"i use the standard hotlap one when i do hotlaps."

Which one is this powerhorse?

Date: September 16, 2003 03:23AM
the standard gp4 physics i think

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy