On editing textures...

Posted by thisisreallyneat 
On editing textures...
Date: August 24, 2003 02:54PM
Posted by: thisisreallyneat
I know how easy it is to create your own textures using the templates made for the MP4-18 by Bojan, but is there an easy way of doing this for existing textures in GP4?

Basically because it's a whole lot easier to edit PSD files rather than the TGA files, but you can't extract PSD files from the game obviously.
Is there any way to easily edit the TGA textures?
Re: On editing textures...
Date: August 24, 2003 03:10PM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
I don't understand why is it easier to edit psd files than tga? Because of layers? The layers are in that template because I did them, and it wasn't easy btw, and there are no layers in GP4 original textures.
Infact there are no details and shadings at all on original textures.

Once that extract tga file from game, you can save it as psd file, but what can you do then with it that you couldn't do with tga?

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: August 24, 2003 04:17PM
Well for instance using the replace colour feature in PSP. You can't replace the shaded parts of the car because they are a darker colour in a TGA. Is this because of the layers? I don't know, but I know you can do that in the PSD templates.
Date: August 25, 2003 05:05AM
So yeah, how could I have a car in a different colour? When replacing the colour won't replace the dark parts in the TGA's?
Date: August 25, 2003 09:48PM
Posted by: ViperF1
bojan , is that tamplet in PSD format?I think i can look at what ways you paint in...hehe

Post Edited (08-26-03 04:54)

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: August 26, 2003 01:07AM
Posted by: Max Downforce
Guys, there are no shortcuts when it comes to carpainting. You have to paint the car yourself. It's possible to paint a car with out shading. The shading is the icing on the cake but it isn't really necessary as GP4 provides shading in the game itself. Ok, with shading it looks better but it looks more than fairly decent without. I made 10 of these cars without shading
[racing-leagues.com]
In fact only the Bacardi Jaguar has shading. Because i did'nt knew who to do it properly too.

To change the car you need to paint the thing the color you like and then put the logos on (all in separate layers). Finally you apply the shadings (if you want) and bodyworkdetails like wheelsuspension holes and bodywork separation lines. and put them on top of your design. Working in Layers means you can changes little bits on the car without starting all over again everytime.

Bojan's templates are easy to use because they already have the shadings and bodywork on them. So you only have to do the design and the logos.

Bojan is on holiday now but i'll be happy to answer your questions here or on our forum. Knight has made an excellent FAQ on carpainting and it's available on our site too. On our forum you will find many threads all on specific carpainting issues. Goodluck!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appartement en minicamping te huur in de Ardennen
www.Ardennengevoel.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy