How Would This Be Done??

Posted by JonVic 
How Would This Be Done??
Date: August 23, 2003 02:21AM
Posted by: JonVic
I have the megapatch version of gp4 and i am adding cars from viper etc over the megapatch default ones. I added the ferrari from viper and it went into the ferrari slot with correct helmets and names etc and everything was fine. But when i put the williams in i think it was the mclaren slot that it went into leaving a williams with mclaren names and drivers helmets as well as menu art. How can all this be changed so that i can have the correct cars in the correct slots with correct menu art. I havent tried other cars yet but i imagine it is the same jumble for other teams, i need to change this:)
Re: How Would This Be Done??
Date: August 23, 2003 02:25AM
Posted by: b-tone
slot 1 uses cars named car_ferrari_carX_lod_Y.gp4.
slot 2 uses cars named car_mclaren_carX_lod_Y.gp4.
etc
its in 2001 order.
so if you want jag in slot one, name the gp4 shape files ferrari.

to install a williams rename them to mclaren and vice versa.
ferrari, jordan, renault are ok.
swap bar and sauber
fantasy should be named prost.
toyota named minardi
minardi named jaguar
jaguar named arrows.

i think.

____
Tony

Date: August 23, 2003 02:55AM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
Wrong.......

The megapath use a fix exe by "Shutt1e"
For upload a team livery (& shape) you have to upload the team livery and shape up the team & livery slot (original position of gp4)
For example...
For upload mclaren you have to upload the new shape in mclaren slot
The same for the rest

You have to remember only that

Toyota ---------> use arrows slot

Fantasy team-----> use prost slot

For upload menu art and helmet you have to swamp the tema but for livery no......

For this genre of problem with megapatch please post in Gp4 Italia English forum...
Thanks in advance

Samuele
32BOBO32
Date: August 23, 2003 02:56AM
i AM USING THE 2003 MEGAPATCH SO EVEN IN THE 2003 MEGAPATCH THEY ARE IN 2001 ORDER? wHERE CAN THESE FILES TO BE CHANGED BE FOUND?

I posted this before i saw the reply from Samuele Pinna, i will try in the megapatch forum however i did not understand what samuele meant this sounds complicated:(

Post Edited (08-23-03 10:03)

=====================================

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Date: August 23, 2003 03:05AM
oh.... what is the address of the megapatc forum i cant get there i dont know it
Date: August 23, 2003 03:06AM
yes.. but the fix exe reorder the teams in 2003 order....
File to be changed? In cars.wad?

Samuele
32BOBO32
Date: August 23, 2003 03:09AM
Date: August 23, 2003 03:21AM
okay i will head over there to try to sort this out. Any ideas on here keep posting im open to any suggestions thanks:)
Date: August 23, 2003 07:23AM
Not having too much luck at the other site anyone? Surely there are people here that have done this exact thing im sure i read about people doing it a while ago.
Date: August 23, 2003 08:53AM
Posted by: Beostar
I have done that before. It worked but its easier to start from scratch and just d/l cars seperate and put them in the correct location.

All you have to do is change the names of the files and put them in the correct 2003 order. And tune using Madman's excellent Tweaker to make sure the helmets are in the correct position.

Its easy as hell but hard to explain.

The order I used is the following :

2003 team ----------> Replaces 2001 team

Ferrari ----------------> Ferrari
Williams --------------> Mclaren
Mclaren ---------------> Williams
Renault ---------------> Benetton
Jordan ----------------> Jordan
BAR --------------------> Sauber
Sauber ---------------> BAR
Jaguar ----------------> arrows
Minardi ----------------> Jaguar
Toyota ----------------> Minardi
Team 11 -----------------> Prost

And the helmets are numbered so you just place the correct helmet on the correct car number.

hope this helps.
Date: August 23, 2003 09:28AM
Thanks but how do i put them in the correct order, where are the files and how do i change them. Additionally what about the menu art if you do that the menu art does not link with the correct teams any more does it?
Date: August 23, 2003 09:40AM
You could change the menu art aswell but I didn't cause I'm more interested in racing.

First you get wadupdated 2.2.3 or a different version.

If you would like to add viper his BAR for example.
You copy you cars.wad to a different directory. When you execute the install you make the path point to the directory with your just copied cars.wad in. You make it install the bar. You then start wadupdated and extract that wad and copy all the bar files you can find including the cp_bar.tex

then you change the car_bar_car1_lod_0.gp4 to car_sauber_car1_lod_0.gp4 and do the same for lod_1/2/3/4/35 and car2
and change the name from cp_bar to cp_sauber.

You make sure all these files (including the other texture files) are in a directory and you use wadupdated to update your original cars.wad

If you understood anything of what i just said.. your in luck :)

hope this helps
Date: August 23, 2003 09:45AM
Whoa!!!! Well i guess i have a busy night trying to do that!! I am determined to do it but it looks like ill have to really get stuck in. Thanks plenty of coffee for me i think:)
Can i just check though, your second post was describing the menu art was it or was that how to install the cars in the correct slots. Sorry if i seem slow but i am really confused:)

Post Edited (08-23-03 16:49)

Please visit my brand new website [www.grandprixblogger.com] for everything Formula One. Here you will find my motorsport galleries as as well as the latest F1 news, classic F1 reviews and polls on the latest happenings in the world of F1.

My First Single Seater Drive: Formula
Audi, Brands Hatch Feb. '04
Date: August 23, 2003 09:59AM
it was to install the cars in the correct slot :)

Just take a piece of paper and write down all the things you have to do.
And put all files of each car in a different directory.
And it will be done in no time.

I would send you my cars.wad but its like 73 Mb so a bit much :)
Date: August 23, 2003 12:50PM
Okay thanks for your help i will try my damnest to get this working. What a sod about the size of the cars.wad that would have saved a lot of head scratching. However if there are just certain files that need to be changed and they are not too big would you not be able to extract them and send them to me. I dont know if that would work? Bit cheeky to ask i know it is just an idea, but only if they were small otherwise ill get cracking on this marathon:)
Date: August 23, 2003 01:51PM
Think its better you just try it. It isn't as difficult as it looks. And next time you wanna put a new car in you won't have to ask around how to do it.

Just try what i explaned with the BAR in a higher post and you'll see its easy as hell :)

If all else fails mail me and I'll try to find a way to send you my cars.wad

Greetz
Beo
Date: August 23, 2003 02:18PM
You are right, i will try to do it myself as i usually figure things out in the end and you do benefit from it. I will try as hard as possible to make this work. If the worst does come to the worst i will mail you but i will try not to as much as possible. You have been very kind with your help and i am very grateful, and thanks for offering to mail the wad if all else fails im sure many wouldnt bother (lets hope it doesnt come to that though). I thank you again it is very much appreciated

Regards
Jon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy