Which is best?

Posted by Go Alesi 
Which is best?
Date: August 13, 2003 12:05PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
Hi,
does anybody know which of the 'Thrustmaster GT FF Racing Wheel' and 'Microsoft Sidewinder FF Racing Wheel' is best.

I've heard a lot of people say that the Thrustmaster wheels are really hard to use with GP4, but then the M$ wheel software doesn't work well (or at all) with XP.

Thanks

Re: Which is best?
Date: August 13, 2003 12:09PM
Posted by: ralphi
i have thrustmaster..and it works fine...the forcefeedback isn't so good it "jumps" rearly..

Date: August 13, 2003 12:31PM
Thanks, but what do you mean about the FF?

Do you mean it is a bit jumpy?

Date: August 13, 2003 12:51PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Well, i have a Thrustmaster FFB Racing wheel and i never regreat my investment, FFB strenght can be really hard when pushing it at the limit (as with GP4 tweaker) and gear shifting pads are much better than MS one (I speak about 2 years old models).

Date: August 13, 2003 01:09PM
i ment it's not sensitive sometimes but it's still good...for exampel the faster you drive the hrder it is tu turn it really fights back...but sometimes when you go over the curb it doesn't do anything..

Date: August 13, 2003 01:11PM
But isn't that GP4 rather than the wheel?

Thanks

Date: August 13, 2003 01:15PM
yes...that is true on other games it "jumps" more....i have F1 2002 lemans mod and scince the track is a normol road i'ts very bumpy and you can feel the bumps really good...

Date: August 14, 2003 12:46AM
Posted by: urk10
I have the Microsoft Sidewinder ForceFeedback and I never had problems with XP.But I think the best wheel around is the Logitech Momo.

Date: August 14, 2003 01:13AM
Posted by: rayg
I have the MS FFB wheel and have never had any problems on gp4 and other games. Very good on colin mcrae!! ;-)
Date: August 14, 2003 03:04AM
Just try Rally Championship 2000 with 100% force feedback on and a thustmaster and you will understand what hell of rally is :)
Every bump comes in your hand and lasting the 20-30 mins of a special is a real physical challenge.

Date: August 14, 2003 04:22AM
I can't get hold of a Momo, so I think I'll get a Thrustmaster.

I can't wait to try it with Rally Championship. That's one of the main reasons!!

Can u have two controllers at once though? Can I have a Joystick in one USB and a wheel in another? The problem is, my brother doesn't want a wheel and I don't fancy having to install and uninstall software all of the time!

Thanks

Date: August 14, 2003 04:33AM
dunno about having such configuration, all i can tell you is that thrustmaster can be plug either on usb, either on a com port and i used to have my wheel and my scanner (both on usb port) and everything was fine, no conflict till now.

Date: August 14, 2003 07:10AM
Posted by: tux
u can have 2 or more controllers plugged in at once but can only use 1 in the game

Date: August 14, 2003 12:11PM
That's what I was hoping.

But is there a problem with games like F1C, where you don't specify your controller type. I take it you can use both. So if you want a wheel, you specify the controls with that, or if you want a joystick, you specify the controls with that.

Has anybody actually tried such a config?

Thanks again everybody :)

Date: August 14, 2003 12:23PM
Posted by: tux
u can specify it in f1c :-o

Date: August 14, 2003 01:22PM
Can u? Oh! I didn't think u could.

But still, does anybody actually run a successful combo like this?

Date: August 15, 2003 03:24AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
You can use 2 controllers, controller A - Wheel controller B - Joystick, just make sure you know which ones which.
And MOMO all the way!

Date: August 15, 2003 02:09PM
Well, like I said, I can't get hold of a MOMO so a Thrustmaster will have to do!

But it's good to know I can use both! :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy