Is downloading GP4 patches and mods harmful to computer

Posted by timSR3 
New to this website as got GP4 couple days ago. Had enough time to install and give it a play, and have seen on youtube all the mods people have done and want to update my GP4 with the latest mods. I've seen on the internet that downloading mods can harm your computer with viruses and @#$%& like that. Is this true? And if anyone has any tips on what to download and what not to that would be good.

Sorry if this is obvious info to most of you but Im new to this game.

Thanks.
welcome to the game.

no mods or downloads should be harmful to your computer. however, the best way to ensure this is to download from trusted sites such as GP4Italia, GP4DB, Race Sims Pitstop, GP4-Argentina and here (not the only ones).

X (@ed24f1)
Use CSM mods. then it's quite safe. You'll find everything you need from the FAQ in the stickys.
Oh, and welcome to the world of Gp4, you'll have great moments with it.
Thanks. I've dowloaded the 'how to guide' so ill work my way though that and give some mods a go.
ive just tried to download team editor 3.2 and it wont open. im using windows vista, don't know if that has anything to with it?
yes, it should work.

however, the latest version of TeamEditor is 3.2b, not 3.2, so maybe that is a possible explanation

X (@ed24f1)
yep i have 3.2b but says'TeamEditor 3.2b.exe has stopped working' each time i try to open it. is there an alternative program to use instead?
GP4 Tweaker is an alternate program, but that would be hard to use for beginners.

if you are still having problems, maybe try posting a message at the RealGPx forums;
[www.realgpx.com]

X (@ed24f1)
Ok thanks. I'll try downloading it again and it see if that works.
GP4 mod's can only cause harm to all the files inside the location you selected for installing Grand Prix 4, because sometimes it will screw your install up and then you need to reinstall it. But make sure you have a backup off all the Folders and files inside that instalation folder, so that if a mod screws your GP4 install up, you can just copy those backup's and keep on playing :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy