"how to make your own track"

Posted by <Maverick> 
"how to make your own track"
Date: August 11, 2003 04:35PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
who will tell us? I was just trying out the new editor, and changed the track a bit, it didn't even crash the game, but i didn't saw much difference, so problably i forgot something.
But atm nobody but 2 people now how to do it, will it be told? or are we to find out ourselves (thats fine too btw, i'm not trying to push somebody to write a manual, but just asking/wondering.

/me out, and trackediting again :P

Re: "how to make your own track"
Date: August 11, 2003 04:48PM
ok, now i did crash my game :P

Date: August 11, 2003 05:15PM
Posted by: tux
hehehe :)

Date: August 11, 2003 05:57PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Well, i don't know more about track editing than you (with 3DEditor at least), i played around with it all the day and was able to found some use of some datas, but it is a trial and error process.
So i invite everyone to do as me, trying to change a value and see what it makes in game to better understand how it works, cause nobody knows for now how GP4 really works.
So the Editor seems to work perfectly but we don't know what we have in our hands and i havn't the manual :)

Date: August 11, 2003 06:07PM
do u think its time to dispatch a gpgames swat team and steal geoff crammonds pc, make a copy of the code, post it to the presidant of mars. and then fully understand the game!!!!! :)

man, i love my ideas :)

Date: August 11, 2003 11:24PM
Posted by: b-tone
ask geoff for his rack editor.

____
Tony

Date: August 12, 2003 01:51AM
a rack editor would sure be neat :P

btw, any chance of being able to convert tracks to gp4 format (gp3's? )

Date: August 12, 2003 02:28AM
a rack editor? like spice racks? :-o

Date: August 12, 2003 02:51AM
Convert GP4 to GP3 tracks would be possible only when we will have fully understand GP4 tracks and anyhow, for now, all i can imagine is converting GP3 ribbons to 3D mesh, but you won't have any object.

Date: August 12, 2003 10:24AM
Posted by: bigears
I remember that Florian Jesse )he's from Germany) and I remember that he released a GP3 beta of Monaco with more accurate info about the track length and the gradient changes.

I don't know how he did extract some information from the GP4 track into the GP3 Monaco track.

But I lost the beta file as my HDD was formatted last summer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: August 12, 2003 11:14AM
Posted by: Go Alesi
You can improve GP3'stracks by just looking at GP4's. If GP4 has it right, it's like being at the real track when making GP3's tracks, so you can just try and put into the GP3 te what you see in GP4. No data conversion needed!

Date: August 12, 2003 01:40PM
Posted by: Madman271
And why GP3 Track Editor can't handle GP4 track? At least for modifying *.dat files?

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: August 12, 2003 01:54PM
coz it crashes :) ;)

Date: August 12, 2003 02:18PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
coz GP4 tracks are totally different to GP3's, hence why it's taken over a year to get anything resembling a track editor :)

Date: August 12, 2003 02:29PM
Posted by: andrew_S
we need a hub, like the old TE forum, to sort bugs etc, if you ask me, will speed the proccess up

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: August 12, 2003 02:44PM
well, would be nice, as long as we could gather some good will men, the old TE forum is still there:
[www.mircx.com]
but it has done its job for GP2/ gp3 and might need a refresh for GP4 so if you have some plans, i'm with you.

Date: August 12, 2003 03:16PM
"coz GP4 tracks are totally different to GP3's, hence why it's taken over a year to get anything resembling a track editor"

no, we had a working .dat editor a few days after the release ;) just couldnt link the gfx with the physics.

Date: August 13, 2003 07:32AM
Posted by: sntgeorge
Hey Laurent how about using your forum as the basis for the GP4 TE (I don't mean to push you) just I think that you can open a new section at your forum since you seam to be the leading person in this project (I don't mean denying all other guys who have being contributing)
Date: August 13, 2003 12:46PM
Why not afterall, if everyone's is OK, i will add a new "Track Editing" Section so .

Date: August 14, 2003 02:47AM
It's done, i opened the section on my forum.

Everyone is welcome to report his fails/success/question and i hope answers on GP4 track editing :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy