does anyone want a 1988 mod?

Posted by b-tone 
Re: does anyone want a 1988 mod?
Date: August 14, 2003 01:59PM
Posted by: Ellis
Well i was thinking more and an H-Pattern Box is possible, altho might be rather difficult. Not sure yet. Will check it out later, im kinda busy.

Supergogeta showed me a rather lovely picture of a ferrari. All it needs is the head postion adjusted. You have permission for it?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 14, 2003 02:08PM
Posted by: b-tone
renyf1:
i've actually found quite a bit of stuff around.
i could do with some technical details about the cars tho.
pictures and videos are always good.

whats the story with the gear stick? i'm not quite with yous. want to post some diagrams :?

(btw-probably been debated on the f1 forum, but i'd put the mp4-4 above the f2002 - if rb and ms had been allowed to race, it may have been different. and senna got 13 poles!!! ms only got 7 - the same as jpm, so in qualy the f2002 wasn't that far ahead of williams)

____
Tony

Date: August 14, 2003 02:14PM
Posted by: andrew_S
well gear shift is possable, not in 3d though, as there are no moving parts bar the wheel and helmet

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: August 14, 2003 02:20PM
the 88 mclaren was the best IMO. wud have won every race if Senna wasnt taken out at Monza

The gearleaver works like this:

In the cockpit steering wheel there in hundreads of objects. some of these are the gear number lights

gear_1
gear_2
gear_7
gear_n (neutral)
gear_r (reverse)
gear_ (empty)

(the real object names might be slightly different)

Its possible to move these objects onto the dashboard file (the file in which stuff like the damage indicator is stored)

If u move the gear numbers onto the dashboard, and then map them to a a new tex....say "gears.tex" and have an imagine showing the different position of the gear leaver instea dof the gear numbers, it will load the picture when yo chnage gear

So instead of loading the gfx for the "1st gear" number, it loads a pciture of the gear leaver

Then when you change to second, it goes to load the "2nd gear" number and loads the picture of the leaver in a different position

As long as the gear leaver is rendered correctly it could also look very 3D rather than the flat object we must use to get this to work (maybe a 3D object is possinle, but dont hold your breath)

It will take alot of trial and error to get it working

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: August 14, 2003 02:26PM
oh yeah, that method has been used since gp2, easily possable if you can move the positions

Date: August 14, 2003 02:28PM
this isnt as simple as GP2 unfortuantly as the wheel shape cant be loaded in ZM, it doesnt work. And it becomes more complicated cos theres no real cockpit editor, thats loads of trial and error

Date: August 14, 2003 03:09PM
well if you get the bits on the dashboard, paint the texture, and put the gear numbers in the correct position its pretty simple according to what you said, in the post above

Date: August 14, 2003 03:19PM
but the dashboard shape does not line up with the cockpit shape

Date: August 14, 2003 03:36PM
not sure what you mean, but ill trust you on that one ;)

Date: August 14, 2003 04:56PM
theres 3 shapes that make up the cockpit

1 - the mian cockpit shape - the main layout, this what you edit to alter the shape of the cockpit, to make it into a Tin top etc

2 - the steering wheel - it has all ob the objects on it for gears, LCD etc

3 - the "dashboard" file (the name thats used in the file name anyway), the Pit indicator, damage indicator etc.

If you merge these the objects do not line up correctly.

Date: August 15, 2003 04:15AM
Posted by: Stan
i have some 1988 3drims if some one whants to convert em :)
btone if u get msn we can talk better on this mod :)

Post Edited (08-15-03 11:15)

Date: August 15, 2003 05:37AM
Posted by: b-tone
how hard is it to convert wheels?

i don't like msn :(
what about irc?

____
Tony

Date: August 15, 2003 05:46AM
i dont like irc
no idea on wheels
im gonna start the williams today i have the 86 shape gonna mod it in the 88 one

Date: August 15, 2003 05:47AM
got the textures back on yet ebbie? (i sent him the car i converted over a year ago now, for my use)

Date: August 15, 2003 06:22AM
yeah that aint a prob we have to reliver it in the 88 one tho

Date: August 15, 2003 08:17AM
Posted by: watercolours
1988 mod would be perfect. that mclaren is more successful than f2002 i think. 15/16 (could have been 16/16) vs 15/17 (could have been 14/17 if kimi hadn't done mistake in france)

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Date: August 15, 2003 10:01PM
Posted by: renyf1
[www.geocities.com] there are some great videos of the older cars...lots of incar cams

although they might not be from 1988, the cockpits can't be that much different from 88

checkout the Mansell vs Berger @ Mexico in 1990...amazing!

b-tone: i'll go ahead and start looking and post in 1weeks time with my findings
Date: April 02, 2009 10:01PM
Posted by: cleberpister
Is possible to remove the animation of the mechanics supplying the car during the race?
to use in mods of 86, 88, 91 and 93.
the car would be real to stop for pit-stop to only change tires, as it was up to 1993…
grateful

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: April 09, 2009 12:24AM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
Reviving a six(!) year old thread? :o
:P

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy