a few results from sky experiments

Posted by Caelen 
Re: a few results from sky experiments
Date: August 13, 2003 09:09PM
Posted by: Caelen
ok i deleted the jams from the folder and nothing changed, i checked the track.wad and theyre not ther either, so either theyre not use or have no effect on how the clouds are displayed, maybe used for lighting or env mapping.
it seems that some of the .bmp's might act as a kind of alpha channel for the others.
if you change smap_a0.BMP to all white you get a sky covered with clouds, no white squares in evidence as i was expecting. if you change smap_a0.BMP to all black you get a sky with no clouds so it seems that smap_a0.BMP acts like some kind of alpha channel to the other bmps which are painted through it.
this is all for sunny weather( rain off in menu) so im assuming the same applies for varying weather conditions, but will have a different .bmp to provide the "alpha"channel

interestingly i just discovered that if you delete the jams from the weather folder you wont get any rain, i set rain to 100% but i always got a dry race, clouds and sky looked dark but no rain. so it seems bmp's control the look of the sky and the jams control the rain perhapos it ony rains through the black spots on the jam, ie where the cloud should be on th corrosponding cloud.bmp

Post Edited (08-14-03 04:21)
Date: August 15, 2003 06:39AM
Posted by: edd882
Caelen:

Could you possibly tell what settings I need to enter to get the same as the second shot, the overcast sky. I'd like to use that when I do Spa next week.

Thanks.

Post Edited (08-15-03 13:39)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Do you see Darrell Waltrip using up his tyres?
Date: August 15, 2003 03:11PM
Posted by: Caelen
copy the following into the weather file of the relevent track, there should be a few more lines in the file but they vary a bit in some tracks so ive left them alone,
the following two lines give grey sky
1.000 ;GreyBlueRampSplit v2
0.800 ;GreySkyScalar v2
i think the first one is like a switch and the second controls how much grey, ive tried values of .3 very black to 3 which gives back to your colour settings for bluness.

version 2
1.000 ;DirectionalFogScalar
0.200 ;AmbientConstant 0.250
0.750 ;AmbientFogConstant 0.750
0.250 ;AmbientFogScalar 0.25
0.300 ;AmbientLevelRebalance .49
1.100 ;DirectionalLevelRebalance 1.500
0.500 ;MinFogBright
1.000 ;FogWetScalar
1.000 ;GreyBlueRampSplit v2
0.800 ;GreySkyScalar v2
64.000 ;Blue_R
65.000 ;Blue_G
102.000 ;Blue_B
200.000 ;FarBlue_R
200.000 ;FarBlue_G
200.000 ;FarBlue_B
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy