to viper&CDTP and to bojan&wai about mp4-18

Posted by watercolours 
Re: to viper&CDTP and to bojan&wai about mp4-18
Date: August 12, 2003 08:01AM
Posted by: ViperF1
@bojan
I think we work in different ways
I used to paint first , becasue I paint with photos so I won't be worry about the postion of lines , shaders , lights and logos , and then , I can get shapes from BMWFan or Ghostrider , then I make some screenshot of the shape , compare it with rear photos in photoshop , then do necessary changes , we call it fix the scale , then we map it.
Often I will do necessary changed on textures when the car is being mapped and we always get good results .

I have get Erwin's permission of MP4-17D carshaper , I will make a texture for it and make some changes to the carshape.

Post Edited (08-12-03 15:34)

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: August 12, 2003 08:09AM
Posted by: Stan
bojan why u dont modyfy ure 2002 mclaren to fit wai mp4/17D ?
only small mods needed i think

Date: August 12, 2003 08:33AM
@Bojan & Wai
I think the reason that your carshape doesn't fit mine well is known , I tried the nose , which part I think this kind of thing happens most , I find the most front part doesn't fit well . I compared the carshape with photos by my eyes , I think you have made the nose-cone too narrow...maybe that's because you hadn't found any hi-res pictures of MP4-18 , you thought that the width of white part euqals to the width of nose-cone , but in fact , you are wrong I think.In hi-res photos , you can see at the front part of nose-cone , the width of white part is about 3/4 width of the nose-cone , which other painters ignored!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: August 12, 2003 08:35AM
Is there any Wai's MP4-17D?

Date: August 12, 2003 08:46AM
yes u can dld it from this site

Date: August 12, 2003 11:15AM
Posted by: Spike02
but it's one of my very first carshapes made and isn't really spectacular comparing to my more recent works

Date: August 12, 2003 12:10PM
Posted by: 5starschumi
@Bojan

Yea hopefully, we all gotta start somewhere altho ill some how manage to turn the mp4/18 into an f-15 tomcat fighter jet :P

would be quite interesting actually
Date: August 13, 2003 04:39AM
Posted by: watercolours
a very nice piece as firt work wai. it's still one of the best, other is erwin's.
and viper, i think you didn't completely quit the community. if so, it's very good for us.

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Now that Wai admited about his mp4-17d, I can say it loud: I don't like it, you can do it much better :-P
No hard feeling mate, we did some better stuff after :-)
I would do 2003 Mclaren on mp4-17d - which is a real racing car, and not like 18 - but only if Wai improves that shape to be as good as his more recent works. Not bad ofcourse, but compared to his Sauber...

@ Viper
You explained it very well how you get those textures on your shape, and of course however you do that, the result is fine afterall. But it seems to me that you then have additional works on adapting textures which can be avoided if your shaper map the car first...?

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: August 13, 2003 07:29AM
No , often little.
I first time I make textures in this way is F2003GA , but I only remade the sidepod , and it works well . But the other part , the nosenose , which uses the textures of F2001 , is not perfect , so I remade it in V2 . And then the Willams , first BMWFan's carshape is in F1-2002 scale , and my textures is in real scale , and it doesn't fit at all . So in the V1 I have to remade the air-in-take but in V2 , after I fixed the scale , it works fine ! And the BAR , first it was mapped to Duco's carshape and it's an textures in orgianl scale , and I made that texture and foudn that it's not perfect , so I made a textures with photos and tried to map it on Ghostrider's car , it fits well , much better than before ! So I made the Renault , which is 100% made without carshape , and BMWFan mapped it , there's only a little bug in the mapping ( the lines near the left exaust doesn't join well ).So I think that's a better way if you want to make a realistic car and texture , but first , you must have a carshape which is realistic enough .

Yep, I'm always asking for (almost) finished carshape...

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: August 13, 2003 09:22AM
Posted by: DEF
So the thing is Viper´s on Erwin MP417/D (with permission to update the carshape) and Wai (with new one) with Bojan upgrades MacLaren textures.
Thanks guys cause the new MacLaren posibly doesn´t race this year.
So this is W.I.P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: August 13, 2003 09:38AM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
Wai, I simply can't stop admiring your Minardi.Wow! It is a cool classic car, the shape is acsolutely perfect except the new chimneys added.
Bojans textures along with that carshape are perfect.

Hope ur new Mp4 17D can match the cars u did.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 13, 2003 09:55AM
Wai will u also be making a new Ferrai i.e., will u update the f2003ga made by viper. i.e., can u add more details that are there in ur cars to ferrari, like the antennae etc....

I don't mean viper's car is bad, but just that if u can make an already good car better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: August 13, 2003 12:10PM
Posted by: nicol@cciarri
Some one has made from months an update of CTDP-Viper's ferrari f1 2003 GA...with right position of nosecam, new antennas, new body driver and texture ( that in the original is wrong mapped ) , new canada bargeboards., and more..isn't it, Viper? Do You remember?
But nobody published this update...nor said what he was thinking about...or said "thank you" for the interest....

nicol@cciarri
Date: August 13, 2003 12:23PM
Date: August 13, 2003 12:50PM
Some one has made from months an update of CTDP-Viper's ferrari f1 2003 GA...with right position of nosecam, new antennas, new body driver and texture ( that in the original is wrong mapped ) , new canada bargeboards., and more..isn't it, Viper? Do You remember?
But nobody published this update...nor said what he was thinking about...or said "thank you" for the interest....

nicol@cciarri

Thanx for that info nicol@cciarri.

Lets hope that viper updates his new car or even if Wai remakes the car to photorealism like his sauber and minardi.

Date: August 13, 2003 08:30PM
hehe , if you wish , you can send me the carshape , i hadn't got it ..

viper@f1grandprix.net

and now Ghostrider has already stopped ferrari , so he left me an unfinished one ... i will publish it certainly , that one is based on german gp and ...

what's worse , the sauber is in great trouble , maybe bojan is right
however , i will certainly publish the new renault ,bar , ferrari and i hope bmwfan can finish the fw25 quickly .. and i will start to try MP4-17D

Date: August 13, 2003 08:50PM
Good luck VIper! Please do try to add the hole in the airbox like erwin's jaguar.:)

Date: August 13, 2003 10:02PM
I can't manage that because I'm a texture painter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy