to viper&CDTP and to bojan&wai about mp4-18

Posted by watercolours 
Re: to viper&CDTP and to bojan&wai about mp4-18
Date: August 09, 2003 01:43PM
Posted by: DEF
Guys is incredible this car, but why don´t you make the MP4/17D who plays 12 races till today.
The car is beautifull but probably don´t race this season.

Wai please make a MP4/17D .

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: August 09, 2003 01:43PM
Posted by: Spike02
i changed it back to my old one :)

Date: August 09, 2003 07:10PM
Posted by: ViperF1
I'll make an MP4-17D textures , but who can offer me a carshape?

The CTDP mp4-18 carshape is WIP , but BMWFan said :

Viper (07:30 PM) :
how far is the carshape?

BMWfan (07:32 PM) :
not very far. as you know, i was in holiday for the last week. also we think that modelling the shape would be nonsense, because the car is not driving at the moment and we don't know how it looks like after failing the crash tests again

F1GrandPrix.net - 1999 - 2003 Viper F1 Studio
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Date: August 09, 2003 07:15PM
@Spike02
Your carshape looks good but have a little mistake on engine cover , in fact there's a fin after the air-in-take (which there's a shader in my textures ) , not only the very rear part.and the part near the rear suspension can be improved.

And Duco's textures , I think needs lots of improvement , some little gary lines and the west logo...

Why don't you try my texture?Which is 100% completed.If you would like to , I can send you the latest copy.

Post Edited (08-10-03 02:22)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: August 10, 2003 03:06AM
Posted by: Sete Gibernau
Viper, your always complaining about other peoples cars!

Remember the legends
Date: August 10, 2003 03:08AM
Yo Spike, can we almost download the cars and if so where can we get them?

Remember the legends
Date: August 10, 2003 03:40AM
Posted by: j_leinonen
when can we download that great mp4/18 ???
Date: August 10, 2003 03:41AM
Spike's car is close to finish.
Yes , I always complain others cars , and the thing you don't know is I also always complian our own cars to Ghostrider and BMWFan , so we improve unreleased cars often....I like perfect.

Date: August 10, 2003 04:03AM
Posted by: Abstraction
Even tho, those cars look magnificent and Vipers textures rock, I still would prefer a MP4-17D over a mp4-18 since 18 is not out yet and that the Mp4-17D carshape would look nicer, the ones we have now r not very good now but were good a year back, just shows how much GP4 has changed over the past year, thanx to Viper and Co, Bojan/wai and co.

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 10, 2003 06:28AM
BMWFan told me that he may finish the MP4-18 the next week.

Date: August 10, 2003 06:31AM
Wooopeeee

How is this one, Viper?
Made by Fusion

Remember the legends
Date: August 10, 2003 06:53AM
Posted by: Abstraction
Nah, Fusion's cars r too rushed and messy, His cars come out quick, but lose quality due to that, the cars r not as good as Viper & co's/Wai's & co

Andrew. Australia.
Date: August 10, 2003 07:07AM
Yeah

Remember the legends
Date: August 10, 2003 11:33AM
Posted by: 5starschumi
bojan, those fantasy cars over at carpainting forum are quite fantastic, a very good job by all you guys.ne chance of the fully mapped corona mp4/18 bojan lol.

either that or let me have your god damn talent.
Here, you can have all my talent :-)

All those fantasy cars will be published after MP4-18 template.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: August 10, 2003 03:59PM
Posted by: 5starschumi
i think i can wait tht long :).

I took your talent n tried to make an f1 car but it came out lookin more like a 1980s skoda that he been involved in one hell of a smash.

so as far as my car creating career goes

Chris Day
Started career 2003
retired 10mins later

ill jus leave it to the professionals
Date: August 12, 2003 03:28AM
Posted by: watercolours
bojan, you'll release textures for those excellent fantasy cars but you say that you won't release any texture for mp4-18? the textures of your fantasy cars are far more better than any mp4-18 textures in the community (excluding viper's but i didn't see his on a car).

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Well, I did shadings and details on that template, but they have nothing to do with real MP4-18 car. That's why I was able to do it so quickly, I didn't have to check images, and worry about getting right every detail.

Making a proper MP4-18 texture is time consuming, and I can't find motivation to do it for a test car.

A great MP4-18 shape is obviously included with this template, so everyone will be free to map Viper's textures on it. We'll have again two cars to choose, since Guyon is also making a MP4-18 texture.

@5starschumi:
I hope with this template you'll make better Skodas :-)

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: August 12, 2003 04:41AM
Posted by: watercolours
i see. well, do you think viper's textures will fit to this carshape? and i know you were working on mp4-18 textures once and i don't think textures has changed so much from that time.

To Kimi... "You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in Darkness"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
amd64 3200+ / msi diamond mainboard / 1024mb ddr400 / 128mb geforce 6600gt sli pci-e / samsung 160gb harddrive / asus dvd-rw double layer / asus cd-rw / coolermaster centurion 5 case / creative inspire 5.1 / microsoft wireless desktop set / lg 1780q tft
Hmm, I tried to map Wai's shape with Viper's texture, and no, it doesn't fit at all.
So, I don't know what next, I always did some kind of texture layout first, so mapping first, and then painting on already predefined surfaces. I don't understand how these other designer can do it, when a texture is painted first, and then mapped. They can do it, obviously :-)
I'm only mapping, I don't know how to change shapes, maybe that's the problem.

Post Edited (08-12-03 13:38)

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy