Help with GP4 graphics!!!

Posted by AHiorns 
Help with GP4 graphics!!!
Date: July 29, 2003 09:30AM
Posted by: AHiorns
I just purchased a new copy of Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix 4. I have just recenty bought a new laptop with specifications:
2ghz Intel Celeron Processor
256mb DDR Ram
20Gb HDD
SiS650 32mb Integrated Graphics card.

When i looked at the recommended requirements for GP4, i saw my spec. doesnt just meet the requirements, in most cases it is double what was required.

I installed the game, and calibrated the graphics, but to my amazement the game ran incredibly slow. I went into the graphics options section, and turned every detail off, or on to the lowest setting, and ran it at the lowest resolution. To my astonishment, and extreme disappointment, the game still ran very slow and jerky. I read the readme file, and there arent any conflicts with any of my devices. Has anyone got any solutions to why its so slow, and any ways to fix it?????
Andy Hiorns
Re: Help with GP4 graphics!!!
Date: July 29, 2003 09:33AM
Posted by: Ellis
SiS650 32mb Integrated Graphics card.

This is most likely the problem

Thats all i can see that is wrong

Welcome to the forum

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 29, 2003 09:35AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
That's definetly it...

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: July 29, 2003 10:11AM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
I had the same card earlier in my old computer.You r lucky to even get GP4 working.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Date: July 29, 2003 10:54AM
Posted by: aagancia
same here.

IMHO your video card does not have enough speed/memory to run GP4 well.

Sorry to bring you bad news.
Date: July 29, 2003 10:55AM
Posted by: kappie
it pays to do your research *before* you part with your money.

you are now stuck with a laptop with basically crap graphics, and no upgrade path.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy