best F1 game?

Posted by Pirate 
best F1 game?
Date: July 29, 2003 03:09AM
Posted by: Pirate
For me, the best F1 game is still GP3! WHY? all the add on stuff! it was great for keeping you interested with new tracks, graphics, carsets, wheeels, carshapes, sounds, and all kind of Misc stuff. what more could you want? GP4 has a little ways to go yet before it can beat that game. You got value for money with GP3 thanks to the guys that added all the extras. I would like to see a GP legends game with all the 70's and 80's cars and have the game alot easier to play, (like GP4, GPL was very hard! ) With all the graphics of GP4

EA superbike series was okay. Why not Crammond trying a bike game? Hmm? theres a thought.
Re: best F1 game?
Date: July 29, 2003 03:22AM
Posted by: Madman271
Comparing GP3 and GP4 is depend on many things.
Just think about this: play GP3 and GP4 without any add-ons at all.
And what we got?

GP3 = GP2 + experimental graphics and weather effect.
GP4 = GP2 + more support to DirectX7 engine (graphics, sounds, controls).

All the rest is the fact that we play in the same GP2 codes.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: July 29, 2003 03:50AM
Posted by: tux
ok, i say F1GP ALL THE WAY :D!!!!! :) ;)

if only i can get the sounds to work not like a piano :-o

Date: July 29, 2003 03:55AM
Posted by: b-tone
gp4, for the challenge of editing, and

____
Tony

Date: July 29, 2003 03:56AM
Posted by: McLaren Fan
Grand Prix 3 2000 Season with:

1. R.Hummerich's 2002 Season Set
2. R.Lampert's 2002 Tracks
3. R.Smith's GPxPatch

Date: July 29, 2003 04:08AM
Posted by: urk10
GP4 for realism
GP3 for LAN play
F1C for internet

Pole Position for all of the above

Date: July 29, 2003 04:22AM
Posted by: Pirate
Another thing with GP4 as opposed to GP3 the CC behaviour has not changed much. ie : the CC's still swerve around in front of you in a non realistic way or zoom off in the distance or at times slow up for no reason then speed up again.. you bust a gut to catch someone for lap after lap you inch towards them. only for the swine to not just accelerate quicker but to simply drive away on pace from your front end. OR the same scenario BUT get past the guy and after half a lap you put 2,3 secs on him when in reality he would still be breathing down your neck wouldn't he? if you are evenly matched? Well thats my opinion I think the AI is not alot better than GP3 Yeah I know about the perf edit but it still seems like its not consistent enough. Someone mentioned here before, the first curve from the grid you can get past so many cars! just jam it up the inside and away you go! Just my thoughts on the game.
Date: July 29, 2003 04:40AM
Posted by: Borjaserrano

The best game: Nigel Mansell´s Grand Prix for Amstrad CPC6128 ;)

Date: July 29, 2003 04:44AM
Posted by: tux
well at least it moddled engine temps ;)

Date: July 29, 2003 04:55AM
Posted by: jp2
pole position (see urk10's post) !!!

greetings, jp
Date: July 29, 2003 05:53AM

Seriously, Nigel Mansell´s Grand Prix was my favorite game in my childhood (1988), it played on a green screen, but when I get a 486dx 66Mhz with 8Mb RAM, I bought Microprose F1 Grand Prix and it changes my life. Every Gpx has been better. Gp2 was a revolution, Gp3 supposed a little dissapointment to me, I hoped more of this edition. But Gp4 cause me to go crazy again... Gp4 is not a game!, it´s the same reality!! :)

Date: July 29, 2003 11:58AM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
I prefer gp4 over gp3, didnt like the cars all looking the same in 3.

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Date: July 29, 2003 03:15PM
Posted by: captainvik
I absolutely LOVED Pitstop and then Pitstop II by Epyx games on my Commodore64 way back in 1984.... *cough* I was 22 then ! but seems like only yesterday......

It was so cool in PitstopII when they introduced the tyre wear and you could see little coloured bars on the tyres indicating they were wearing out...

you then drove into the pits and your pitcrew changed wheels and refuelled you..... sounds simple now but was revolutionary back then.

I must say that F1 sims/games have come such a long way technically and graphically BUT I still remember the immense sense of fun and enjoyment back then... and joysticks were really crummy too back then....

My first steering wheel came packaged with my Adam Colecovision console which was a good system but lacked games and gathered dust once the C64 era fired up...

Those were the days .... no internet but Computer swap meets were fun and a fair bit of whirring from 5.25inch disk drives could be heard :-)

P4 2.85gig Albatron mobo 512mb Corsair3200LL Ram 19"Auriga Mon. SBLive! + 4point surround spkrs. Thrustmaster F1 FF Wheel. Radeon9500pro Cat3.4 drivers. GP4 55fps 1024*768 - No VideoWalls/HeatHaze - Mirrors On.
Date: July 30, 2003 04:06AM
Umm... can you put any screenshot? :)

Date: July 30, 2003 04:57AM
Posted by: Hitchhiker
ooooh! the mytical Atari Pole Position!!! used to play that when i was 8 or 9! Beats GP4 on weather effects hands down :-)
Date: July 30, 2003 05:10AM
still have the pole position cartridge and my atari 800xl flying around somewhere. i almost feel like setting it all up again and give it a try...

greetings, jp
Date: July 30, 2003 05:10AM
still have the pole position cartridge and my atari 800xl flying around somewhere. i almost feel like setting it all up again and give it a try...

greetings, jp
Date: July 30, 2003 08:27AM
Posted by: JohnW
Pirate,

"...I would like to see a GP legends game with all the 70's and 80's cars and have the game alot easier to play, (like GP4, GPL was very hard! ) With all the graphics of GP4 "

??? Yes, GPL is much more difficult than any other F1 sim I've played, but GP4 ( Yes, with all the aides turned off. ) is , in my opinion, much easier than GP3. A LOT more grip, not as much understeer, tires don't give out in 10 laps, etc. I think , as a general rule, it tends to be about 3 seconds faster than GP3.

I guess we all have our own impressions.

JohnW
Date: July 30, 2003 03:30PM
Posted by: bod
Ilke gp3 and Gp4 they rock eat your eat your heart out EA
Date: July 30, 2003 04:24PM
Posted by: sega
I couldn't decide between GP4 and F12K2 they have both drawbacks and good stuff.

Tracks:
1st. GP4
2nd. F12K2

Steering:
1st. GP4
2nd. F12K2

Braking:
1st. F12k2
2nd. GP4

Shifting gears:
1st. F12K2
2nd. GP4

Pits:
1st. F12K2
2nd. GP4

etc.

Saludos desde Colombia.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy