Low Res Cars

Posted by tax dodger 
Low Res Cars
Date: July 28, 2003 06:38AM
Posted by: tax dodger
after getting easywad (which i still dont totally understand but somehow managed to get working) i finally managed to get a new carshape into gp4 (a jordan, if it matters). only problem was, when i put the car files into my folder (the ones for the paint job, they were hi res. i wasnt sure if this would matter, but sure enough, i had the 2001 jordan on the 2003 shape.

so do i have to download specific low res cars, or is there a way of converting hi to low? i thought gp4 master could do this, but when i opened it, it said i didnt have the decrypted exe. i d/l a few days ago and i remember putting it in, so i cant understand that. is there a particular version of gp4 that gp4master doesnt work with?

any help would be appreciated

TAX DODGER ;)
Re: Low Res Cars
Date: July 28, 2003 07:00AM
just installed a great renault by:

Authors: Schroeder and Nicola Acciarri (carshape & driver's body), Bojan Tarticchio (car textures & mapping) - taken from readme file

and its great. turns out i dont need especially low res files, because this car came with hi files and the normal ones, and it works in my game.

so in regards to my original question, do i need to d/l cars with these files, or is there a way to convert the hi files

TAX DODGER ;)
Date: July 28, 2003 07:48AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
In theory, GP4 can't see the difference between hi and normal textures; only if texture is named, example

HI_renault_x.tex,

GP4 uses it in hi graphic setting; and if it's named:

renault_x.tex

GP4 will use it in low graphic settings, no matter of their size.

So, if you're running GP4 in hi graphic setting, you'll need hi-res textures (named hi_renault_x.tex). If you downloaded a car which only comes with hi textures, fell free to copy them and just remove HI_

Keep in mind that GP4 uses low res textures on pit monitors, so you should have low-res textures anyway (the ones named renault_x.tex)

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: July 28, 2003 08:10AM
Posted by: b-tone
Keep in mind that GP4 uses low res textures on pit monitors, so you should have low-res textures anyway (the ones named renault_x.tex)

Really?

____
Tony

Date: July 28, 2003 09:40AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
I think so, I once deleted all normal textures, and all cars on pit monitor were white.

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: July 28, 2003 09:48AM
Posted by: b-tone
i only have Hi_ in my wads, and i havent noticed. but i hardly ever use that pit monitor.
i'll put it on the 'things to test' list :)

____
Tony

Date: July 28, 2003 11:01AM
thanks for the help bojan - your little tip managed to get that jordan working!!!

now im gonna try and get some more cars. great renault too btw

TAX DODGER ;)
Date: July 28, 2003 03:16PM
Posted by: Caelen
ive had all low tex files deleted for ages and my pit monitor works fine, on that topic does anyone know in any of the graphic options in the graphics config effect the pit monito because my cars don show spray in the monitor, (when it raining of course)
Date: July 29, 2003 04:18AM
what about vipers cars, can i run those? cos they are auto installing arent they?>

TAX DODGER ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy