@ Oggo, CART Mod bug

Posted by Ellis 
@ Oggo, CART Mod bug
Date: July 27, 2003 11:17PM
Posted by: Ellis
Yo!

Oggo, been running the CART set for good while now. Love it, runs great, looks great, feels great, it is great! But i found a bug!

Watch the wheel rims closely from the T-cam view )best view to notice. Start slowly and roll forward v slowly and you will notice the wheel rims rotate the opposite way from the tyres do. The wheel rims rotate backwards and the tyres rotate forwards. Difficult to notice

Hope you can fix it. Excellent job so far, it runs so good! :D

Ellis

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: @ Oggo, CART Mod bug
Date: July 28, 2003 01:09AM
Posted by: shutt1e
i'm not Oggo , but it seem that this problem is caused by the 3drims and rotate wheels by textures = 0 in the f1graphics.cfg

bye.
Date: July 28, 2003 02:21AM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Well, I've controled what you've said before answering you post. The 3d rims rotate forward at very low speed. Then you accelerate and the rims seems to decelerate and to rotate bacwards for a while. It's only a visual effect. It's not a bug. Sorry, but I can't fix it using convetional 3d rims. I'll try to use 3d rims like latest Viper ones...

Date: July 28, 2003 10:12AM
no no, i know wot u mean

It gives the EFFECT of it going backwards your saying but this is defiantly not what happens here

Normally the tyres do look like they are going backwards because of the speed of the textures being rotated, but this is not the case

Go at 1 or 2 mph, and the tyres seem to rotate correctly, but the rims rotate at the same speed the opposite way.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 28, 2003 10:47AM
Posted by: tux
ellis, how long are u at 2mph in a racing car? ;)

Date: July 28, 2003 10:52AM
It was once i lost the front wheel and was trailing back to the pits at slow speed, i was always having to hit the brakes to stop it spinning

Just poiting out the bug, didnt say it was anything major

Date: July 28, 2003 10:58AM
Posted by: tux
i might dl this cart mod, im bored so might as well try it :D

Date: July 28, 2003 11:00AM
Jon its amazing :|

And it doesnt kill the FPS either! :D

Date: July 28, 2003 11:52AM
Posted by: gpxcartworld
Thank you very much Ellis! But, about your problem, I mean that what I've told you before happens with 3d rims too. I've tried it before posting. And it doesn't rotate backwards (or at least in my PC doesn't...). Don't know what to say...

Date: July 28, 2003 11:55AM
Probably just me then, after installing my new gfx card Ghost Recon smoke as turned slightly green!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy