Renault losing its 'skin'

Posted by Todays_Horse 
Renault losing its 'skin'
Date: July 27, 2003 04:44PM
Posted by: Todays_Horse
Why do my two Renaults lose there skin in crashes or odd angles in races? I.E the skin catapults off the car and acts like the car as it barrel rolls down the track from the slightest of knocks. Yet if i switch to in-car view of the renault, its all normal. Most confusing. None of the other cars ive downloaded do this! It just leaves the wheels and driver going round the track......looks very silly

Post Edited (07-27-03 23:44)

'The beak of Ayrton Senna's chicken is pulling ahead!' ~ Murray Walker
Re: Renault losing its 'skin'
Date: July 27, 2003 10:10PM
Posted by: Ellis
Whoever created the car done it incorrectly

the objects in the shape file have been put on the wrong layers and give incorrect damage effects when you crahs If ur case, it removes the wholle chassis. I had a jaguar, which when i hit something it produced another car and rolled that about the track.

theres no quick fix, and it depends on how bad a mess the person who made the car has really done. In the Kagaurs case it was a REALLY bad mess and i cudnt be bothered messing about with it to get it working well

who created your Renault shape? I suggest using Bojans, i haent had problems witht that one and its a good shape

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 27, 2003 10:27PM
One i downloaded from here i think, the 'monaco' version or its normal counterpart

Date: July 27, 2003 10:55PM
Really? That is Bojans car. I have not had any problems with his cars damage model

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 27, 2003 10:56PM
Ill re-download and update my wad file see if it cures it.

Date: July 27, 2003 11:13PM
That really is very odd, i ahev ahd no problems, perhaps i shud crash the car more?

Do to us the result of your redownloaded version :)

Date: July 28, 2003 12:15AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
Mmmm, maybe you could post some screens?

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: July 28, 2003 01:50AM
Posted by: Abstraction
i think he means Vipers, cause i have exactly the same problems, from some angles, the car disappears! and when they crash, thing start growing out of the car :/

Andrew. Australia.
Date: July 28, 2003 10:12AM
Vipers one does have problems apparently

Date: July 28, 2003 10:41PM
Mmmmmm ill get back to you all on this one! ive downloaded that many renaults ill have to check. Ill post some screens tonite

Date: July 28, 2003 11:08PM
Posted by: aquarius_varun
Hey I think that is not either viper's or bojans, I did have the same problem with one Renault, if it collided the whole carshape used to fall off but u still have the car.I think it was a F1 200X carshape converted incorrectly resulting in incorrect damage modelling.SO try to download Viper's or bojan's they are good.Viper's car is quite good but only prob is the disappearing act.I am hence using bojan's car till viper releases a fix.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dell Inspiron 9300, Intel Pentium M 1.86 ghz, 2 GB RAM, Windows Vista Ultimate, 256 MB Geforce 6800 Go, 1920x1200 screen res ;) (ooH YEAHH!!!) Saitek X-45
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy