Montlhéry Speedway (fictional oval) ***WIP*** upcoming public beta

Posted by Gusgus 
I'm currently working on a fictionnal oval track. It's not my first try at track-editing, but recent progress with GP4Builder enable more people to build tracks, thanks to Lo2k.

Here is the full layout :

It's a typical american tri-oval. Some figures for you about it :

- 1.5 mile long (1.503 mile in fact, which equals 2419 meters)
- 24-degree-banked corners, 5 degrees banking in the straights
- 48 feet/ 14.63 meters wide
- One lap in about 23 seconds during qualifying (378.6 km/h average), 22.7 in race thanks to slipstream (383.6 km/h average) with original physics.
- 120 laps/ 180 miles / 289.674 kilometers race with GPxPatch, completed in about 46 minutes.

The graphical part of the track is currently in progress, but already contains the track, pitlane, werges, banks, 3D walls, pitbuilding (with PLUS Compatible garages and pitstands), a scoring tower and a main Grand Stand. There is still a lot of work to do, so please do not ask for news, this is not the best way to make me keep or find the motivation to finish and release it.

Last thing, I spent one hour to find a decent name for it, ending with "Motor Speedway" as in a major part of american ovals, but I couldn't find one satisfying. I'm waiting for your ideas about that. :)

My workthread here

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2008 10:41PM by Gusgus.
Doesn't France need one? Like the L'ovale de Paris or something? :P

Nice progress :)
or Parisring :P

I'm against sigpics
Good work :)

A name? l'Autodrome de Nancy?
The pitlane seems really, really, really long. Are all pitlanes in american ovals like this?
or Montlhéry Motor Speedway
(like the city where there is the greatest oval in France :D)

--------------------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2007 10:10PM by exqo.
Lord Of The Rings.. ;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Great news Gusgus, looks very good.

Yep nice idea a french city
paranoik0, american ovals don't have a ptilane that long. It usually beings in off of turn 4 and ends at turn 1, except for the shot tracks they could take over half the track, like Martinsville, Virgina.
I like the idea of Montlhéry, so it will be Montlhéry Speedway, thanks exqo ;-)

About the pitlane, well, in IndyCar, the cars return to the track following this pitlane on similar 1.5 mile tracks. I will test a shorter configuration, but I'm affraid it will cause big crashes during pit stops, because of the CC Line located at the inside of the track all along the track.

My workthread here
Montlhery is not fictional :S [www.montlhery.com]

You should do that one instead :p heheh

[www.montlhery.com]

[blogf1.co.uk]

[memoiresdestands.hautetfort.com]

You will have to rename it ;) Or else (hopefully) make the real one ;) (and not the oval, the really long one in this pic:
[www.montlhery.com])

H E L L O
Re: Montlhéry Speedway (fictional oval) ***WIP***
Date: August 30, 2007 04:00AM
Posted by: Gusgus
I completely know Montlhéry is not fictional, but as the oval of Montlhéry is no more used in racing, let's consider it as a modern one ;-)

By the way, the really long one is impossible to make for GP4 because of the limited lenght of the tracks.

My workthread here
Date: August 30, 2007 05:26AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
oh my an oval in progressss you can't believe how happy i am to see this thread mate, i just love ovals :-)
Date: August 30, 2007 07:08AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
How about making Califonia Speedway thats the one i would love to see.
Date: August 30, 2007 08:10AM
Posted by: Vomit
Oval!! Brilliant!!
Date: August 30, 2007 12:04PM
Posted by: dkpioe
will the gp4 computer cars act sensibly on an oval? i just wonder if they will slow down too much if going side by side through a turn, as the computer cars may let you pass, or keep doing blocking moves to slow each others lap times.
Date: August 30, 2007 02:46PM
Posted by: exqo
Gusgus ecrit:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I completely know Montlhéry is not fictional, but
> as the oval of Montlhéry is no more used in
> racing, let's consider it as a modern one ;-)

It was my idea ;)
A modern one :D

--------------------------

Date: August 30, 2007 02:53PM
that the pitlane is so long isn't a problem at all with gp4tweaker you can set the km/h higher so you will leave it much faster then 80 km/h !!! Setting it to 140/180 km/h you will have some speed already when you get back to the track :-)
+ that there is a difference in Pitspeed limit's end, and Pit's end..

right?

Date: August 30, 2007 02:58PM
also but with gp4tweaker you can overrule the speed in the pitlane also if you don't press the scroll lock key :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy