Thanks!

Re: GP4 Sound Update v1.1
Date: July 28, 2003 11:11AM
Posted by: markko
Me and Ian are working on V1.2 now!

Date: July 28, 2003 11:43AM
Posted by: badi
I have just d'loaded the sound addon for the BMW.

It sounds like there is something missingf. What did I do wrong???

I did copy it over the update 1.1.

Thanks

badi

SAUBER will be back!
Date: July 28, 2003 11:51AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
@Badi

Did you load everything into the right slots as explained in the readme? If your still having problems e-mail me on ian@gp4sound.tk and I'll send you a .bnk file with v1.1 and BMW sounds in

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: July 28, 2003 12:34PM
Posted by: sobpd1
What is the original skidding wav. called and is there more than 1 in the .bkn file
Date: July 28, 2003 12:44PM
There are two original skidding files ones called TC_Laterial_Dry_Skid_FL.wav (In slot 0) and the others called TC_Longitudinal_Dry_Skid_FL.wav (In slot 1)

Date: July 28, 2003 03:10PM
Posted by: Caelen
excellent work as i said before, just note that it will be possible to have different sound.bnk's percarset with zaz's latest version of carset manager whenever he releases it. im sure he said it would be possible to include any file in a carset, hence it would be possible to have a non tc and a tc sound set, i genuinely love your tc sound set but dont like driving with tc on hence i wanted sounds to match.
as for the skid sound i think it really good, you just have to get the balance right in the advanced sound menu, i have skid noise down to 31 % and engine on 100%, external engines on 81% etc and for me thats about perfect, except as i mentioned above for the downshifting.
Date: July 28, 2003 03:29PM
Calean, I will try these settings! Thanks! Don't worry, v1.2 will come with both TC and Non-TC, as everyones preference is different! This is good news about ZaZ's Carset manager having different .bnk files! But I would really love track specific .bnk files just so that in the 2001 season, the TC noise can come in at Spain (I think thats where it was Introduced!) Which I think would be quite realistic! Anyway like we've said before, thanks for all your comments and constructive critisim!

Date: July 28, 2003 08:12PM
Posted by: captainvik
yeah I will try calean settings too....

@caelan when you say external engines at 81%, do u mean the other car engines ?

thx
vik

P4 2.85gig Albatron mobo 512mb Corsair3200LL Ram 19"Auriga Mon. SBLive! + 4point surround spkrs. Thrustmaster F1 FF Wheel. Radeon9500pro Cat3.4 drivers. GP4 55fps 1024*768 - No VideoWalls/HeatHaze - Mirrors On.
Date: July 29, 2003 12:32AM
Posted by: Caelen
oh yeah other car engine volume,(actually just checked and i had other cars set to 71 not 81) but i dont know if those exact values will work for others, it will probably depend on your sound card and speaker setup, im using an old sound blaster live with surround sound, doesnt support 5.1, but i do have a reasonable speaker set.
but i think the answer is to just vary settings and find whats best for you.

Post Edited (07-29-03 08:48)
Date: July 29, 2003 10:41AM
Thanks yet again for the feedback.

It really helps for v1.2.

Date: July 29, 2003 11:43AM
Posted by: ramoats
Marko, I love this effort....it is outstanding...

I noticed in the ver 1.1 when watching replays, the only car that sounds normal as it passes is the car selected in the replay to watch at that time, the other cars sound odd, like old arcade, very flat and muted....I checked it by putting back in version 1 and the cars sounded normal. I am using a fresh copy of version 1.1 with no changes, all as downloaded....I don't know if it matters or not but when I took a peak inside the sound bank, there were many empty slots and a few files with a ".wav.wav" file extension (yes, repeated) hope this helps, and keep going!!

RA Moats
Date: July 29, 2003 02:59PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Very good job, markko and IanWoollam !!
I just tested it and the difference is huge compare to original sounds.
And yes, downshifting, upshifting, TC are really great :)
I just noted one detail : in the stand, when pitcrew are changing tyres, we only hear one airscrewer (or maybe two at best) as we can see pitcrews screwing other tyres, maybe offsetting the same sound 4 (or 2) times would be better for this, but it's a detail :)

Nice work.

Date: July 29, 2003 03:00PM
We are trying to work on Pit sounds for v1.2

Date: July 29, 2003 03:04PM
Posted by: badi
@markko

Outstanding work! it's like a new sim with your sounds.

I got the BMW working now. On my PC it sounds much "higher" then your original Ver. 1.1 ...

About your next update 1.2:

The "outside" engine sound. It sounds great now, but could you make it a little higher so one can hear the high pitch when the car is accel. from the distance? I was in Monza and the cars sound really "high" powered when they accel after a turn. Do I make sense??? ;-)

SAUBER will be back!
Date: July 29, 2003 03:06PM
@badi

I think I understand what your talking about, we'll see what we can do on the next version :)

Date: July 29, 2003 03:21PM
Posted by: fongu
Maybe he has a time machine??
Date: August 01, 2003 05:17PM
Posted by: Peter Dunham
hi guys, thanks for a great update, however is there another skid sounds around or can someone repost the default ones, i cant for the life of me get use to these new ones mind corner slids sound bad to me, and silly me didnt back up things before hand as im getting to use to great updates that work out first time :)

cheers

Refuse to Lose
Date: August 01, 2003 05:20PM
Don't worry, v1.2 will feature a Non TC version, which means the Skids will return to the deafult, but until then, I'll send you the original .wav files

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy