GP4 Sound Update v1.1

Posted by markko 
GP4 Sound Update v1.1
Date: July 27, 2003 07:06AM
Posted by: markko
A brand new version of the sound package is now available.

The following has been improved from v1.0 --> V1.1
- Improved External Sounds
- AI Engine Sounds
- Gear Change Sounds (More Amplified)
- New Improved Wind SFX

Visit

[www.gp4sound.tk]

This update has many changes, improvements and fixes.

Post Edited (07-27-03 14:08)
Re: GP4 Sound Update v1.1
Date: July 27, 2003 07:15AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Also you can find now, our up and coming projects, The Renault R23 and the Ferrari F2003GA engine previews and of course, a preview to our new sound pack!

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: July 27, 2003 07:38AM
Posted by: rickm550
cool !! the work u guys have done is great.

but i have 1 question. over the last 2 releases, in t-cam view the engine sounds like a 20000rpm engine even though i am going at 16500rpm. it sounds really high pitched but any other view like in the cockpit sounds fine.

am i doing something wrong or is there a way to correct this??

thanks
Date: July 27, 2003 07:53AM
over the last 2 releases, in t-cam view the engine sounds like a 20000rpm engine even though i am going at 16500rpm

hot DAMN! I've just noticed what I've done wrong! Goddam stupid mistake, thanks for bringing this up!! Simply the Frequency of sample_4a has been set too low which in turn = high pitch. I've uploaded a new engine.txt file for the people who have already downloaded. (You need to put it into Your GP4 Folder/Samples/Enginedata/Preset2_OnCar)

(Click RMB then Save As)
[www.gp4sound.devisland.net]

the zip file has now been updated, sorry for any inconvinence!

Ian

Post Edited (07-27-03 14:59)

Date: July 27, 2003 08:03AM
Posted by: rickm550
thanks **goes to download**

works like a treat
Date: July 27, 2003 09:30AM
We have just completed our other two projects.

The renault and ferrari internal and external sounds are now available.

It is recommended that you use these in conjunction with the Grand Prix 4 Sound Update.

Download from

[www.gp4sound.tk]

Enjoy

Date: July 27, 2003 12:13PM
Please post any comments or suggestions here.

They are all greatly appreciated.

Date: July 27, 2003 04:10PM
Posted by: sobpd1
JUST 2 WORDS "BRILLIANT" & THANKS
Date: July 27, 2003 04:35PM
Posted by: ingaer
Simply perfect.
Date: July 27, 2003 04:38PM
Posted by: orion F1
Very, very, very good job ...... exellent ....;-)
Date: July 27, 2003 06:57PM
Posted by: brian
just fantastic guys what an improvement, great sounds to, keep up the good work and thank you thank you thank you .
Date: July 27, 2003 07:42PM
Posted by: ukclubber
fantastic work guys :)
These updates just make this game virtually unbeatable to any other racing sim out there!
Date: July 28, 2003 03:07AM
Posted by: captainvik
really great but I didnt like the new skidding wheel sounds so I have reverted back to the original's....

I just find the sound you made a bit too "wooden" or "gravely" and prefer more of a "screeching" sound as I rely on that sound to tell me when I am about to lose grip when driving "on the limit".

hope that's ok as all else is real nice.

cheers and thx for all your hard work :)

vik

P4 2.85gig Albatron mobo 512mb Corsair3200LL Ram 19"Auriga Mon. SBLive! + 4point surround spkrs. Thrustmaster F1 FF Wheel. Radeon9500pro Cat3.4 drivers. GP4 55fps 1024*768 - No VideoWalls/HeatHaze - Mirrors On.
Date: July 28, 2003 03:41AM
Posted by: Caelen
version 1.1 sounds were excellent, makes the game different to play, like a whole new game. for me the downshifting noises are probably a bit too load now, whereas upshift seems perfect, is it perhaps a value in the advanced sound menu of gp4 which alters gearshifting sounds or is it tied too the engine volume.
the only real problem i have with the sounds is that they sound so good i find myself turning on traction control so my car matches the sounds.
after youve finished this lot of sounds do you think you could make a non traction control set for those of us that dont use it in game
Date: July 28, 2003 04:13AM
Thanks so much for the comments you guys!

Ok, I have noticed too that the downshifting is a bit too loud, the skidding noise is a personal preference I think and about the TC sound. We will take in to consideration all your points for v1.2.

Look out on our site for more developments

Date: July 28, 2003 04:40AM
Posted by: kappie
Nice... but the TC sounds should go IMO. Given that it just come on at low revs, regardless of whether it is being used, mid-corner (on the slower corners) it just sounds like sandpaper being rubbed over ashphalt.... at first I thought it was some weird tyre sliding sound.
Date: July 28, 2003 04:57AM
Thats F1 my friend.

Date: July 28, 2003 06:10AM
the only real problem i have with the sounds is that they sound so good i find myself turning on traction control so my car matches the sounds.

lol Calean! I thought at first the gearshift may be a tad too loud, unfortunatley GP4 is an absolute arse with Gearshift sounds!! Gearshift sounds are part of the engine, hence engine volume controls both. Also made an interesting discovery, T-Cam dosn't use Gearshift samples at all!! Very weird. Only way I can rectify that is if someone brings out the Sound Positioning editor.

Also I think, as people are using different Seasons, we may make a non-TC version in the future. (e.g. Start of 2001 Season) etc. . .

Now we could do with Track Specific .bnk files!! ;)

Date: July 28, 2003 06:38AM
Posted by: Abstraction
Can i work on the sounds with u guys?

Andrew. Australia.
Date: July 28, 2003 06:56AM
I am afraid we are not letting anyone join us at this time.

If we need beta testers, you will be top of our list.

Thanks for the offer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy