Show own car in cockpit view mirror

Posted by aagancia 
Show own car in cockpit view mirror
Date: July 26, 2003 09:02AM
Posted by: aagancia
Hi,

I was tweaking with mirrors lately. I noticed that in Tcam view, you could see your own car, but not in cockpit view.

Is there a way to see your own car in cockpit view mirrors. I already used various mirror angles, but still cant see my own car. Here are my current setting in f1graphics.cfg...

16 Angle left mirror 0(in)-16(parallel)-32(out) v2
16 Angle right mirror 0(in)-16(parallel)-32(out) v2
16 Magnify mirror (16 => normal <16 wide >16 zoom)
133 Show own car (0 never, bit 1 trans, bit 2 solid, bit 3 context only bit7-fullpolycar in tcam) v3
0 Overide show own car if mirrors set low

Is there anything else I should change to achieve this?

thanks
Re: Show own car in cockpit view mirror
Date: July 26, 2003 09:36AM
Posted by: b-tone
dunno but when in cockpit the carshape isnt used so theres nothing to see.
you could build it into the cp shape maybe.

____
Tony

Date: July 26, 2003 12:00PM
Posted by: Ellis
The shape must be built into the cockpit veiw shape (b-tone has the correct idea)

You build the car shape into the cockpit shape and it will show in your mirrors, but u might get a PO hit

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 26, 2003 02:00PM
Posted by: Lo2k
:o Excellent idea b-tone, i can't figure why i havn't think about it sooner as i also asked me why and how i could display it, as in external cam views... it was so obvious...

Date: July 26, 2003 02:09PM
Lo2k, u didnt know that?

I was gona do that for the GT mod, build a rear wing into the cockpit shape so the cockpit mirrors gave a rear wing

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 26, 2003 02:32PM
Posted by: tux
gp4 does it on its own, just set the mirror details to very high in the menu and it shows it :)

Date: July 26, 2003 02:36PM
Posted by: Xero
Didn't we discuss something like this a good while back?!? For those who can afford a small PO hit it would be a great thing to have!

Date: July 26, 2003 02:58PM
gp4 does it on its own, just set the mirror details to very high in the menu and it shows it

Doesnt work :S

It doesnt cos there is no shape to load. In the cockpit view it unloads the carshape and laods the cockpit shape, and cos theres nothing stored in the cockpit shape to show it, it cant show anything

Date: July 26, 2003 03:10PM
Posted by: b-tone
someone merga a car and cocpit and post some screens then :)

____
Tony

Date: July 26, 2003 11:58PM
Posted by: Stan
just use the Tcam :P

Date: July 27, 2003 01:12AM
Posted by: aagancia
Now I understand why I cant see my car in the mirrors.

I guess I'll have to wait for someone to have the talent to create a shape for this. :)

Thanks guys.
Date: July 27, 2003 03:17AM
Posted by: bigj
Both the full car shape and cockpit shape are always loaded.
The code path handles explicit rendering of mirrored objects
(to a level as set in the menus).

So, its possible the mirrors could:

a) no reflect your own car at all
b) reflect the cockpit model
c) reflect the full car
d) reflect a 'dummy' sprite to represent your car.

I can't remember which of b/c its set up to support - I think just c as it happens - so you shouldn't be able to cockpit model reflected, regardless of what you author into it.

The settings file suggests the option of fullcar reflection is only available for T-Cam, though I can't think why i'd have made this restriction.

BTW, the 'context' setting was specifically added for the situation where there was an engine fire and it looked odd in the reflection just hanging in space.

Jason.
Date: July 27, 2003 05:00AM
Posted by: tux
actually, u can see ure own car in the cockpit mirrors, its just that its not textured and is semi transparent

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy