Finally got a bit of money

Posted by Räikkönen 
Re: Finally got a bit of money
Date: July 25, 2003 12:57PM
Posted by: b-tone
i'm so pleased.
i have above mentioned GeForce 2 MX 400 i think, and i'm happy to know things will get better for me.
i don't find it too bad.
i've got 70mb wads with no extras and get 26 fps with po between 50 and 150.
i guess i'll buy a fancy card soon :)

____
Tony

Date: July 25, 2003 01:01PM
Posted by: villej
I still have old GF2 Pro and GP4 runs very well with it.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: July 25, 2003 01:03PM
Posted by: villej
Remember: PCI cards are slower than agp cards.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: July 25, 2003 01:33PM
Posted by: dolinseks
You could buy ATI Radeon 9100 for about 85 dollars
Date: July 25, 2003 01:55PM
Posted by: gav
"They are also worlds apart in price range Gavin - as I said up there, for it's price the GF4 mx range are a nice choice."

That's true, they are decent(ish) value - and they are certainly a HUGE step up from the Intel onboard controller (which I have experience of at work, and there are no guns big enough...).

Call it a short term measure if you want - but it will save you money in the long run if you can save up for a little longer, and get a motherboard and a TI4200 or something...

Otherwise, you'll end up buying 2 graphics cards...
Date: July 25, 2003 03:29PM
Posted by: Guimengo
by the way Gav, are any of those Radeon 8000+ compatible with laptops? I'm thinking about saving money for some months (maybe year) in order to buy something like a 9800 and install in my laptop, but I don't know if it is possible. Do you know? Maybe you would be interested in selling some cards you don't use...

Date: July 25, 2003 04:11PM
Posted by: bazza
You can get PCI GeForce4 MXcards.

1. PCI is slower
2. MX is not as good as Ti

But, since you have a limited budget and an older motherboard, these cards are the best I can recommend.

Have a look:

[www.ebuyer.com]

Or here:

[www.microdirect.co.uk]

Go to video cards, then geforce, then sparkle, and you see the

Sparkle GeForce 4 MX440 64MB PCI

Baz

Date: July 25, 2003 04:57PM
"by the way Gav, are any of those Radeon 8000+ compatible with laptops? I'm thinking about saving money for some months (maybe year) in order to buy something like a 9800 and install in my laptop, but I don't know if it is possible. Do you know? Maybe you would be interested in selling some cards you don't use..."

I doubt it - they wouldn't fit in most laptops for a start.

However ATi are releasing/have released a mobile graphics chip - not bothered looking at any reviews though - I can't stand laptops :P

And Bazza has hit the nail on the head with that Ebuyer card - that's the one to get. A respectable make, and from the bargain centre that is Ebuyer...
Date: July 25, 2003 05:03PM
Posted by: marcl
i have got an old pci card here that i do not use anymore and a radeon 8500 le if anyone wants them
Date: July 25, 2003 05:21PM
"Maybe you would be interested in selling some cards you don't use..."

I don't have them all now, but they are some cards that I've had or used in the recent past - I've still got the Radeon 8500, TI4600 and obviously the Radoen 9800 Pro, but I couldn't get rid of the MX 420 fast enough....
Date: July 26, 2003 06:24AM
Posted by: bigj
>> Author: villej
>> I still have old GF2 Pro and GP4 runs very well with it.

GP4 was developed with GF2 Pros and PCs down in the 1GHz
Date: July 26, 2003 07:31AM
Posted by: bazza
Any chance of leaving a contact address gav, or add me to msn forumbazza@hotmail .

Might be interested in one of the cards [edit]now im muxed ip. Will pseak to you by e-mail or msn[/edit]

And Bazza has hit the nail on the head with that Ebuyer card - that's the one to get. A respectable make, and from the bargain centre that is Ebuyer...

Never had a problem with ebuyer, and they have good prices, I say the same for microdirect. Not sure about returns, as I have had no need.

Baz

Post Edited (07-26-03 14:46)
Date: July 26, 2003 09:31AM
Bazza, I can't add you because you "don't have a passport account" - oh well... can you add me? this_is_gav@msn.com

As for Microdirect, that's where I buy most of the stuff for work, and despite the huge delivery costs they have for trade accounts, the service is decent, and I have no complaints with the returns :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy