Fast Corners

Posted by rayg 
Fast Corners
Date: July 25, 2003 04:04AM
Posted by: rayg
I need abit of help on a car setup. I am raceing at the A1 ring at the moment and I am equal or quicker then the AI drivers in split 1 & 2 but in the final spit and am 2-3 tenths down. I am loseing a lot of time in the last 2 fast corners.

I had this problem at Barcleona where I was quicker but at the last 2 fast corners I lost a lot of time

Whats the best way to set your car up for fast corners?? At the A1 ring my wingis 20 front and 19 back.

Cheers
Re: Fast Corners
Date: July 25, 2003 05:52AM
Posted by: paulo3d
too much wing!!
lower the wings, thats the first step for sure.

Good Luck
Date: July 25, 2003 05:52AM
too much wing!!
lower the wings, thats the first step for sure.

Good Luck
Date: July 25, 2003 06:02AM
But you need wing to go faster round the corners don't you????
Date: July 25, 2003 06:37AM
Sure, but you using too much!
Maybe you need to tweek the suspension settings for extra mechanical grip.

If I remember correctly I use around 16 in the front wing.

Hope this will help you out!
Date: July 25, 2003 06:41AM
don't suppose you want to send me your setups do you???? ;-)
Date: July 25, 2003 06:46AM
Posted by: Pirate
Thats strange I find those last 2 corners the easiest on the A1 circuit, the first 2 hairpins are the worst to lose time on. I do not like the circuit much anyway, if you think its hard on GP4 try one of the Superbike sims for setup on that track! The first corner from the grid is the worst corner even worse than monaco.
Date: July 25, 2003 06:48AM
I use to fnd the first 2 corners hard but then I set up car up to ride the kerbs better and more wing helped me round.
Date: July 25, 2003 07:01AM
Well, to be honest I didn't made the setup I downloaded from grandprix3.com, I think it came along Nichola Aciarri's phisics settings, check out the site you'll find plenty of setup options there.
Date: July 25, 2003 07:31AM
Posted by: Palomino
Stiffen the front suspension and increase teh anit-roll bar, also make sure you have about 15-17 front wing and about 14 rear wing.....but be carful because you can lose the rear if your not careful..

[www.kraftwerk.com]
Date: July 25, 2003 08:52AM
Posted by: kappie
With the amount of wing you're running, the last 2 corners should be easy. If you're struggling, it's your cornering line that needs work. You need to turn in early, really ride the inside kerbs and run out wide all the way to the edge of the outside kerbs. Most of the corners on the A1 require at the very least, running right to the outside on the exits.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy