carset/carshape.. what's the difference?

Posted by kappie 
carset/carshape.. what's the difference?
Date: July 24, 2003 06:00AM
Posted by: kappie
what's the difference between carsets and carshapes? does the carset update the shape or just the texture? if I download a carset, do I need to download corresponding carshapes for the textures to fit properly?
Re: carset/carshape.. what's the difference?
Date: July 24, 2003 06:06AM
Posted by: Vader
Carset = liveries/textures/graphics, etc.
Carshape= shape

Your last guess is right. You need both, since in Gp4 liveries only fit on the corresponding shape.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 24, 2003 06:28AM
so if i download a carset from 'person X' , i should use it on the carshape created by 'person X' ... ?
Date: July 24, 2003 06:40AM
Posted by: Ellis
yes, unless stated otherwise

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 24, 2003 06:43AM
Posted by: Muks_C
Yes kappie, in general this is how you should go about getting cars/shapes. But sometimes people make textures and tell you which carshape it will work with, if they were not involved in producing the original set.
Date: July 24, 2003 07:28AM
Which shapes should I use with Viper's 2001 carset? I can't seem to find many 2001 shapes... should I use the standard shapes?
Date: July 24, 2003 07:39AM
Posted by: b-tone
a carset is usually a cars.wad file which has all shapes and textures.
if you download a 'car' it will usually have shapes (.gp4 files) and textures (.tex).
if it only has .tex texture files, it will usually say which shape its for. and its usually an original shape.
I would think Vipers 2001 set has everything included in a wad file.

____
Tony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy