GP4 with keyboard

Posted by Vento0 
GP4 with keyboard
Date: July 22, 2003 10:47PM
Posted by: Vento0
Dear all,

I have played GP2,GP3 and now GP4 always with keyboard controlls. But since GP2 there is no improvement on this. It seems that the game correct always things you want. When you turn in a corner it turns not so heavy as you will....is there maybe a patch or something to prevent this?
Re: GP4 with keyboard
Date: July 22, 2003 10:57PM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
I´m not sure.... but the thing is that when u use kb the Steering Help will be always set to 100%!!!! That´s why we get this crap corrections you are talking about!!!!

you should try a Steering Wheel, or maybe even a Joystick, then you can set the SH to any number you want!!!!

Now you CAN sponsor me, click picture and know how
Date: July 22, 2003 10:58PM
Posted by: jawwad01
Keyboard is either like ON OFF button , .
I Dont have steering wheel either :( uptil now but i am used to key board now .

Date: July 22, 2003 11:00PM
If you want to disable Steering Help , you can use great tool By MAdman called Gp4 Tweaker . It has the feature to disable steering help but it will make almost impossible to drive with keyboard.

Date: July 22, 2003 11:22PM
Posted by: b-tone
madman, can't you make the steering help variable for kbers please??

____
Tony

Date: July 22, 2003 11:25PM
Or can you make it for us to select between 0 t 100.

Date: July 22, 2003 11:36PM
Posted by: Madman271
I had gave it a try. There's no or less differences while driving.
Buy a steering-wheel is the best solutions. I know wheel controllers in not cheap, but you can buy with no force feedback effects.

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Date: July 23, 2003 12:02AM
Posted by: Vento0
Madman271,

Can I test it ? So I can see if it works better or not...
Date: July 23, 2003 12:19AM
But isnt it possible Madman To have the feature which can allow us to set the steering help , between NONE ---------- 100%.
YES buying steering wheel is the best soulution but still it will be a great help for Keyboard users .

Post Edited (07-23-03 07:20)
Date: July 23, 2003 02:22PM
Posted by: tax dodger
ive got by with keys for ages, and when i finally got a wheel and it didnt work i was too pissed off to play with keys. i do from time to time, but its frustrating.

buying a wheel is the obvious solution, but not everyone can afford them

TAX DODGER ;)
Date: July 23, 2003 02:40PM
Posted by: MViper
the problem with wheel is also, that some users can't really use them .. for example, i can't use it, i am on a wheelchair, i don't have enough strenght to use it, so the keyboard is only solution .. i also love military warplane games but i can't play it, coz they're made only for joystick and it's impossible to play on keyboard, except some arcadish crap .. And i am very afraid, that the racing games are going into the wheel controllers more and more, so the wheel will prevail and keyboard will be useless.. good example is Colin McRae3 on a tarmac, with keyboard u can't find the car limit, in CMR2 u could .. and that really sucks .. Looks like the game makers don't give a rat about keyboard players.. their excuse is "the wheels are getting cheap, why dont we make our game for a wheel?" ..

I'm from Slovenia, so the wheels here are from 60 euros onwards.. u can have really good wheel for about 100 euros..

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy