New GP4 Sounds BETA

Posted by Ianwoollam 
New GP4 Sounds BETA
Date: July 21, 2003 07:21AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Theres a problem with flange under 13000RPM, which I should hopefully solve soon with alot of tweaking with pitch shift! Any feedback would be greatley appreciated!

2003 Williams BMW Engine Sounds
[www.take2.dsl.pipex.com]

Converted F1C Engine Sounds

To install you have to firstly download Lo2K's Sample Editor 1.4, Open the game_snd.bnk file and update slots 110-113 with the files provided.

Make sure you backup your game_snd.bnk file before editing!

Note: these are only internal engine sounds (Cockpit or T-Cam View)

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Re: New GP4 Sounds BETA
Date: July 21, 2003 11:05AM
Just fixed the flange problem for the Converted F1C Sound files (Link is the same as above), also uploaded a new 'Traction Control' Style SFX for the Converted F1C Sound Files, Link is below:-

I'll get to work on fixing the flange problem for the BMW Williams 2003 Engine SFX.

Ian

Date: July 21, 2003 12:09PM
Posted by: aagancia
great!

I'll try to check them out about 6 hours from now, ounce i get home.

I'll give you some feedback then :)

nice to know that someone is working on sounds now. Tried using the F1C sounds myself 4 days ago but did'nt get good results.
Date: July 21, 2003 12:12PM
Posted by: Ellis
Im currently messing bout with GP4, will test the sounds (F1C conversions) later, hoping the TC sounds good :) (well, good as in realistic, TC never sounds good :P)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 21, 2003 12:18PM
TC Sounds were difficult to do, all I could do was just add the horrible tractor noise that the TC kicks out into the lower sound files, so when your in 1-3 with low rev's, you get a type of traction control sound, may not work very well at a launched controlled start though!

Date: July 21, 2003 12:21PM
Posted by: fongu
Just tried them and i have to say its really good, definately an imprpvement on the originals.... but i havent played f1c so i cant compare or whatever. I'll try the BMWS ones when you fix the thingy.
Date: July 21, 2003 12:36PM
Posted by: jawwad01
sounds great.
about to try now ! :D

Date: July 21, 2003 12:44PM
Posted by: analvabeed
I like the TC sounds but they still have that "Lawnmower"thing to it. Is it possible to fix this?

Thank you for working on it, keep on going!

Grtz,

Mark
The Netherlands
Date: July 21, 2003 12:45PM
You must include readme as well.

Date: July 21, 2003 01:08PM
"I like the TC sounds but they still have that "Lawnmower"thing to it. Is it possible to fix this?"

I'm think I know what you mean, I'm trying to get a sample of a better TC effect of a Onboard Lap of JPM, but at the moment, can't seem to pin point one! Thanks anyway.

"You must include readme as well"

Like I said, its a beta at the moment, when I've released the final version, I'll release a readme with it.

I've updated the BMW engine so there's no flange, but still alot of work needed to be done on the lower revs, same link as before at the top. Also added the TC effect to it.

And thanks for all the feedback!

Ian

Date: July 21, 2003 01:22PM
Posted by: analvabeed
The Lawnmower effect isn't caused specificly by your samples, I have it with all the samples I have tried.

Grtz,

Mark
The Netherlands
Date: July 21, 2003 01:23PM
Sorry Iano for that .
good luck.

Date: July 21, 2003 01:37PM
Great!!!
I tried BMW sounds and i really love your work.
keep it up!!!

Date: July 21, 2003 01:44PM
By the way, what sound software are you using?

I used Sonic Foundry's Soundforge 6.0. When I tried editing GP4 sounds
Date: July 21, 2003 01:52PM
are you planning for gear shifts sounds as well or just the engine?

Date: July 21, 2003 02:04PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Having been to my first GP this weekend, one of the things that really struck me was the "whump" as cars changed gears and backfiring and crackling from all the cars on track. Is there anyway you can have a look at this. Or, tell me how to raise the volumes of these samples?
Cheers
Jackie

....................I quite like this now.
Date: July 21, 2003 03:49PM
"are you planning for gear shifts sounds as well or just the engine?"

As soon as I've finished internal engine SFX, i'm gonna look at external engine SFX, then hopefully gears.

"By the way, what sound software are you using?"

I'm using three at the moment, but I mainly used Cool Edit Pro v2.1 and SAWPro v2.8 to create the SFX, Soundforge 6 is my other peice of software actually!!

Hopefully I'll have a look at the lower revs of the BMW engine tomorrow, as I'm still not happy with the sound of it. I'll get onto Gearshifts ASAP.

Date: July 21, 2003 04:12PM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
i have downloaded the bmw sounds
how can i invert the wav files into the game
becuase u know that enige sounds r (readme files)
so sample editore won't do
Date: July 21, 2003 04:24PM
You shouldn't have to invert the files, all you have to do is download the .ZIP file, open Lo2K's sound editor, and insert the relevant .wav files into the relevant slots by clicking the RMB on the relevant slot and clicking Load .wav

eg.

110 TC_New_Engine_Int_1a.wav goes into slot 110

etc. . .

If your still having problems, e-mail me and I'll send you the .bnk file with it inserted.

<edit> I've just noticed what you are talking about, the engine.txt file changes the positions in the RPM that the engine samples come in to play and the Frequency to change the range of the sample, I haven't started editing this file as yet, so Lo2K's sample editor will do the job <edit>

Ian

Post Edited (07-21-03 23:58)

Date: July 22, 2003 06:04AM
both sounds better than the original. But I like the BMW more.

hope you could make a complete soundset soon :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy