New GP4 Sounds BETA

Posted by Ianwoollam 
Re: New GP4 Sounds BETA
Date: July 22, 2003 06:13AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Got some more SFX for you people! two sets of External Engine SFX.

2003 Williams BMW External SFX
[www.take2.dsl.pipex.com]

F1C Converted External SFX
[www.take2.dsl.pipex.com]

@Jackiestewart,

On the external BMW engine, I've attempted to turn the engine SFX down to put more emphasis on the Gearshifting, have a look whether you like em, but when trying this on the internal SFX, it didn't sound right at all, if you want me to send you the turned down internal SFX, then just e-mail me.

Ian

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: July 22, 2003 09:44AM
Posted by: jawwad01
good work!!! (Y)
waiting for your complete package.

tell me onething , i cant here traction crackling.
where to put tc.....eniging....3a.wav in the edior. ?

Date: July 22, 2003 12:10PM
"tell me onething , i cant here traction crackling. where to put tc.....eniging....3a.wav in the edior. ?"

You put it into slot 102 in the Sample Editor. If you've put em here, it may be that I haven't amplified them enough, I'll have a look into it.

Ian

Date: July 22, 2003 12:45PM
I hear them in Cockpit view but not in T cam view.

Post Edited (07-22-03 20:51)
Date: July 22, 2003 01:34PM
Posted by: markko
Ok, great job mate!

I am using the F1C conversion and it sounds really good, infact excellent with LC and TC and low speeds but high speeds sounds too like a lawnmower. More of a higher pitched sound would be better. I know this is only BETA but its an idea to improve.

Also, my internal sounds work, but external don't. If you could send a .bnk with both F1C conversion, int and ext to me, it would be greatly appreciated. If you are too busy, I will try and figure it out myself.

Anyway, well done, excellent sounds (at low speeds!).

Date: July 22, 2003 01:52PM
markko
few posts above this you will find external sounds of iano.. try them , they work very fine.

Date: July 22, 2003 01:57PM
I have put them in game, but its the original sound. I will try again.

Date: July 22, 2003 02:50PM
Posted by: analvabeed
Sample 104 sound great in the editor but it seems I can't hear it back in the game. TC is great! But still having that lawnmower sound.

Grtz,

Analvabeed
Date: July 22, 2003 02:51PM
try playing through gpxpatch or right clik on game_snd.bnk and make sure readonly is unchecked.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
one thing i noticed , same samples work nice and smooth in cockpit view but bit of less quality in tcam , if any of you experience same than this is the best solution.
replace the engine.txt of tcam in the folder "Preset2_OnCar" with the engine.txt in "Preset1_cockpit" , and than the sounds will work perfect and nice in the TCAM as well.

I really like BMW sounds , and must say i consider them better than originals . Complet package will be great to have of BMW .

Only Traction control crackilng is a dissapointment uptil now.

Post Edited (07-22-03 21:57)
Date: July 22, 2003 02:55PM
the TC i can hear in cockpit view seems Gp4 owns TC because i heard the gp4 own tc in the Sample Editor.
Cant here any TC in the TCAM.

any one else there who cant here tc in tcam , if yes than whats wrong here?

Date: July 22, 2003 03:13PM
"the TC i can hear in cockpit view seems Gp4 owns TC because i heard the gp4 own tc in the Sample Editor.
Cant here any TC in the TCAM."

This is a bit weird, could you tell me which slot the GP4's TC is in on the sample editor? I never thought GP4 made this possible!, I find that the TC works perfectly in the TCAM as the Cockpit, as TCAM and Cockpit access the same internal samples in the game_snd.bnk file, If anyone else is having this problem in TCAM could they let me know?

"TC is great! But still having that lawnmower sound."

Unfortunatley as I said at the top, The lawnmower sound is caused by the fact that the only way I was able to implement TC into GP4 was to insert the TC SFX in the lower revs files, hence when on the starting grid/in the pits, it will sound like a lawnmower, BUT, if jawwad's theory about GP4 having a TC sample present, I could decrease the volume of the other SFX's to emphasise the TC more!

"More of a higher pitched sound would be better"

Have you tested the BMW SFX? if you like the pitch of that, I'll change the F1C converted pitch accordingly for you to test.

Thanks for all the feedback!!

Ian

Date: July 22, 2003 03:22PM
Yeh, I tried the BMW. I like it, but not as much as F1C.

I will be happy to test it.

Date: July 22, 2003 03:23PM
Posted by: DonLduk
something to keep in mind, the engine.txt files under the samples folders..... that changes, and some people have it different and may be getting different sounds than expected
Date: July 22, 2003 03:32PM
@markko

I've just sent an game_snd.bnk with the External and Updated Internal Pitch SFX to your Yahoo e-mail address.

"something to keep in mind, the engine.txt files under the samples folders..... that changes, and some people have it different and may be getting different sounds than expected"

Hmmmmmm. . . good point, in the final version, I will send out the .txt file which I've been working with in the pack.

Date: July 22, 2003 03:48PM
markko, I cannot send the game_snd.bnk file to you as I don't think Yahoo's e-mail server will accept files over 1MB, could you send me a different e-mail address which isn't Hotmail or Yahoo?

"Sample 104 sound great in the editor but it seems I can't hear it back in the game. TC is great! But still having that lawnmower sound."

Check the sample number at the start of the file! The reason you can't hear it is because Sample 104 is supposed to be empty!!

Post Edited (07-22-03 23:04)

Date: July 22, 2003 04:21PM
Posted by: analvabeed
I mean sample 103 of course, stupid me!

Grtz,

Analvabeed
Date: July 22, 2003 04:33PM
i have a good -bnk file with your engine sounds (bmw int/ext) amd some other sounds added by me from f12002's dahas sound pack.

the new sounds added by me, created by other, are some rumble strips, grarshifting sounds. ill see if I can split the bank with WinRar into some separate files for easy up/download

the sound I hae is enjoyable
Date: July 22, 2003 04:49PM
@DonLduk

If you did release these, would you have permission from the original creator of the F12002 sounds??, I think it would be better to convert the F1C or the original F12002 sounds into GP4 to stop any unessesary problems between authors. If you do get permission from the author though, then go for it!

Date: July 22, 2003 05:59PM
Posted by: captainvik
The sounds are great Ian... I prefer the F1C

To get them working correctly though I had to make some small changes to the names of the files.

You may not realise but you incorrectly named the external sounds to internal before you packed them.

I just renamed them ie. 100 TC_New_Engine_Int_1a.wav

I just renamed to 100 TC_New_Engine_Ext_1a.wav before pasting them

over.

The other thing I noticed is that the SoundEditor program has trouble importing the new sound files into the Wad as when you click on the folder button it doesnt go into the folder you want and you have to click it several times before it locates and imports the new sound files.

Great job though and good to finally get rid of the default sounds.

cheers
vik :)

P4 2.85gig Albatron mobo 512mb Corsair3200LL Ram 19"Auriga Mon. SBLive! + 4point surround spkrs. Thrustmaster F1 FF Wheel. Radeon9500pro Cat3.4 drivers. GP4 55fps 1024*768 - No VideoWalls/HeatHaze - Mirrors On.
Date: July 22, 2003 08:22PM
yeah Id need to ask permission to dahas and the guys from GTR mod for f12002. but I have pretty cool downshifts sounds, loud enough to go over the engine sounds wihtout reducing volumes, and the external views have a sweet sound I got from GTR mod.

lets see what I accomplish---
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy