GP4 hotlaps... settings?

Posted by kappie 
GP4 hotlaps... settings?
Date: July 21, 2003 06:56AM
Posted by: kappie
I assume since people are comparing laps, that there must be standard performance variables everyone is using (ie. BHP, physics) .... what are they?

BTW - using standard GP4 settings of power/physics, is a 1m14.1sec quick around Magny-Cours (with 18laps worth of fuel on board) ?
Re: GP4 hotlaps... settings?
Date: July 21, 2003 11:03AM
Posted by: Pooky
we were in the 1:10.5xx region in our hotlap comp.

with low fuel.

go to the hotlap website, (korn_freak sig) and get the file from there

u want 855bhp, 607kg

Date: July 21, 2003 08:03PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

click on my sig buddo!

Date: July 21, 2003 09:51PM
1m10.5s is bloody quick .... what sort of setup? How different is a hotlap setup to a race setup? Super low, plank grinding away, low wing?
Date: July 21, 2003 10:47PM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
I did a 1:10.6xx with a high downforce setup, very low ride heigh, very soft suspension.... it´s a setup for just one lap.... coz it destroyes the tyres, and the plank!!!!

Now you CAN sponsor me, click picture and know how
Date: July 22, 2003 02:13AM
how low is the ride height? don't you end up running entirely on packers? I suppose magny does have a number of slow corners and you do buy yourself some low-speed corner traction... ?

how big a difference in times is there between a good hotlap setup, and a good race setup? is the methodology of developing the setup completely different between the two?
Date: July 22, 2003 03:18AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

well most of us just goto a hotlap site and find a setup we like there and then alter it to suit us.

i know its the easy way out, but most of us dont understand how to setup the car (powerhorse does and Fcarmoracing knows how to setup a REAL car but GP4 is all backwards when it comes to changing ride heights unfortunatly)

Date: July 22, 2003 05:01AM
to have 855bhp/607kg, do I need to select a specific car (which one?) or modify performance files in any way (from standard values after clean install)? I presume the hotlap comp would just be based on standard values... ?
Date: July 22, 2003 03:09PM
Posted by: DEF
There is a performance file on Hotlap forum, you have to download and load this file with gpxpatch and get your try....

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: July 22, 2003 08:16PM
you should go to the comp. website (click Korn´s sign), and read the rules....

the difference between a good race and hotlap setup is around 1 to 1.5 seconds!!!!

Date: July 22, 2003 11:47PM
well, I downloaded a few hotlaps from Magny-Cours and I reckon I can match the first and second sectors ... the third??? I have a personal objection to launching the car over the final chicane in 3rd gear, as even though by the rules two wheels are touching some part of the track, it is still a suspect way to do a lap IMO.... and they certainly never drove it like that for real. Are laps like this par for the course where chicanes are concerned?

don't get me wrong guys, hats off for putting together some frankly amazing laps, but it's just not the way I'd do them.....
Date: July 23, 2003 12:31AM
Posted by: b-tone
i agree there kappie.
i like to keep it a bit more realistic. probably why i'm usually 6-10 seconds off the pace :)

____
Tony

Date: July 23, 2003 01:21AM
Posted by: villej
I drove 1.10.7xx with default setup in magny.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: July 23, 2003 03:08AM
what time do you get if you don't shortcut the final chicane?
Date: July 23, 2003 03:28AM
"what time do you get if you don't shortcut the final chicane?"

I can get same time.

Date: July 23, 2003 03:41AM
only if you make it up elsewhere... ? to not jump the kerbs is to go slower - there is no way to get around the laws of physics.

I downloaded the best hotlaps.... the third sector (ie. the final chicane) is where the difference lies between those doing 1m10s and those in the 11s+. It is an unrealistic time because there is no way anyone would do that in F1 (not without breaking the car within a few laps). IMO the two wheels on the inside of the corner should be on the inside of the kerb, not on the other side.
Date: July 23, 2003 03:46AM
no, I can drive last chicane as fast as my fastest lap without shortcut the last chicane.

Date: July 23, 2003 11:27AM
Posted by: checha
believe him!!!

Date: July 23, 2003 08:30PM
this is not F1.... this is GP4..... kerbs are differents from the real circuit to the GP4 circuit.... I.E. in Nurburgring we were never able to atack the kerbs on the last chicane like the F1 guys were doing last year!!!!

we can´t attack Bekkets kerbs in Silverstone like the F1 guys were doing this weekend, without spinning off!!!!

and in Magny, we could atack much more then the real thing.... what´s the problem.... we didn´t make the track layout.... we are just driving.... it´s not our fault if the circuit looks different from the real one.... but we need to take any opportunity to go fast!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy