Is there any chance of these for GP4

Posted by sobpd1 
Is there any chance of these for GP4
Date: July 20, 2003 10:43AM
Posted by: sobpd1
Just tried F1C 99-02 and it is superb, but were we loose out with GP4 is in the sounds dept. GP4 can`t compete with F1C 99-02 it sounds awesome ,added with the backfire patch as a finishing touch and GP4 begins to loose out, WE NEED SOME SERIOUSLY GOOD ENGINE SOUNDS and if poss something like the backfire patch.

IS THERE ANY CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is there any chance of these for GP4
Date: July 20, 2003 11:17AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Many people are talking about importing the F1C sounds to GP4, but myself, I have no idea how you do it, maybe with one of those .wad editors.
By the way, be careful with F1C (or other EA F1 games) posts here, because there are 3 other threads talking about it, and you might get attacked with a never-ending grasp of rage!!!!! Just kidding ;)

Date: July 20, 2003 12:05PM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
is there a pudium in F1C??
Date: July 20, 2003 01:16PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
There is a sound editor, and I tried directly copying the F1C files to GP4. Result: a disaster. There's more than the basic 4 enigne files I think, but also there are notepad files controlling how the sounds sound, and they are what make the F1C sounds sound bad I think. They are easily editable, but it needs a lot of playing around with to get it right, and I couldn't do it!!!

I don't think people will bother with new F1 sounds, they'll just do it for the 'Mods'.

But the GP4 sounds aren't great (as you've said) after you've played F1C. They lack a certain punch, and they sound a bit too high.

Let's hope! :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy