Ellis or other mod maker can you help please ?

Posted by Caelen 
Ellis or other mod maker can you help please ?
Date: July 19, 2003 05:38PM
Posted by: Caelen
i apologise but i searched and couldnt find the post im loking for but im sure i read in some post that you (not sure who) were able to move information from the steering wheel onto the dash.
i can edit the wheel and dash fine but have been unable to move information from the steering wheel onto the dash.does anyone know how to do it or did i misremember that someone did manage to.

the reason im asking is that i want to make a new mclaren wheel and put the gear, speed info on the dash not the wheel. im going to convert1 from f12001, i imported th shape fine, i havent done any mapping yet and probably wont bother unless i can move the info, heres a pic of what ive got so far

Just my though...
Perhaps moving objects related for steer display items can solve it?

e.g. instead located in steer, then we create few polygons then name it as steer panel object name such as "rev_*" etc...

In reality, doesn't matter who's right but most important is who's left.
Re: Ellis or other mod maker can you help please ?
Date: July 19, 2003 06:25PM
Posted by: JPM
Here is the post I think you were looking for.

[www.grandprix3.com]

The picture is no longer there but it says how he did it.

Cheers
JPM

www.zach-griffin.cjb.net

"Nobody has ever completed the perfect lap" -Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: July 19, 2003 06:41PM
thanks jpm but not what im after, thats the method i used for making the steerling wheel editable, but i want to move components from the wheel onto the dash, ive used z-modeller to merge the relevent objects from the wheel onto the dash but they dont show up in game.
Date: July 19, 2003 06:52PM
just had a thought.
Date: July 19, 2003 06:53PM
Posted by: tux
did it hert? ;)

Date: July 19, 2003 06:57PM
ehm, god i can do stupid things some times, the speed and gear displays are in black text, and im trying to display them on a bit of dash which is black, guess what you cant see the numbers. changed the display to red and it works fine, so i guess i do know how to import from one to another , thanks
Date: July 19, 2003 07:01PM
So you think it will work?

Cheers
JPM

www.zach-griffin.cjb.net

Date: July 19, 2003 10:14PM
yep it definately works ok
Date: July 20, 2003 01:59AM
can you post a pic?

Cheers
JPM

www.zach-griffin.cjb.net

Date: July 20, 2003 10:09AM
Posted by: DEF
It was posted a month ago; If you have Mclaren, Williams and others team can you create a cockpits mode for 2003 carset.

When the others says you are the best, the worse error is to start to believe it. - Juan Manuel Fangio
Date: July 20, 2003 03:35PM
Posted by: Ellis
hm, so Caelen, wot exactly did you do?

Did u simply move the steering wheel object onto the dash board shape file and map it correctly? I have tried moving stuff to the dashboard with no luck

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: July 21, 2003 12:27AM
yep, i simply deleted everthing from the steering wheel which i didnt want on the dash and merged it with the dashboard shape, which i had previously saved in z-modeller format. heres a pic of what ive got so far, still very early, ive removed everthing from the wheel and so far only have the gear and speed mapped

all objects imported from the wheel remained with same names, however any new objects such as window have to be added to the warning_off object, else they wont be displayed

Post Edited (07-21-03 10:54)

WOW!

that looks really good Caelen!

Date: July 21, 2003 01:27AM
Posted by: shutt1e
i was succeeded in this display moving some time ago, but i see you has already find the solution by yourself.
i have a question for you about your trick of transparent window on cockpit.

it does not work for me, why? this is the sequence of operations i made

opened cockpit_dash in ZM
created a copy of warning_off then moved on the top of the cockpit
merged these two warning_off objects on new obj Warning_off (case sensistive)
modified the new_steering_wheel_displays tex changing the alpha under the warning_off bitmap,tried a lot of gray levels. repacked tga in .tex

i can see in the game the new object on the top of the dash but it is not transparent

whats wrong?
bye
Date: July 21, 2003 03:52AM
a simpler method, instead of mapping to steering wheel display, map to a new textur eg cockpit window. i tried this before but wouldnt work, hence i mapped to steering wheel. however after seeing vipers cockpits i saw what id done wrong, if id put the cockpit window texture in the cockpit folder inside the cars folder in the cars.wad it would have worked.
creadt a new cockpitwindow.tga, for start make it grey. then use photoshop to make the alpha channel fairly dark grey. black is totally transparent, white is opaque. copy and rename an existing tex file to cockpitwindow, then use tex resizer to resize that tex the same size as your window .tga. then use gpmaster to import into the .tex file then put in wad file, remember must go in cockpits folder in the wad.then whatever you map to that tex in z-modeller should be transparent depending on the alpha channel, the problem must have been with your mapping as your object was displayed hence the nameing as warning_off was ok
wow!!!!! awesome man!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Date: July 21, 2003 10:31AM
Posted by: Ellis
Thankx for the tip Caelen, will have a go later, im working on something else at the moment hehehe

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy