Qualifying Questions

Posted by PaddyRamsey 
Qualifying Questions
Date: July 27, 2007 07:39PM
Posted by: PaddyRamsey
Hi everyone, two questions:

1. Has there been any kind of mod released that allows you to play with up to date (2007) qualifying rules? Aplogies if this question is asked a lot but I did search.

2. If the answer is no, can you get GP4 Tweaker's 2003 rules to work successfully with GPxPatch? I have tried to do this but am getting unexpected results. When I import the INI file with my chosen orders the game completely ignores it and chooses it's own (I don't have random orders checked). What's worse is even when I uninstall GP4 Tweaker these rules stay in place, I can't go back!

Thanks
Re: Qualifying Questions
Date: July 28, 2007 07:24PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
1. Not possible. :(

2. Yes you can. I used it with the 2003 mod. I think you don't have to import any files, just open the tweaker, make your selections and press Apply.
Re: Qualifying Questions
Date: July 29, 2007 04:04PM
Posted by: airefresco
You could simulate 2007 manually, but it's a bit of a pain. If you set quali to 20 mins and then at the end of the seassion make a note of the 6 slowest cars. quit GP4 and edit the performance file so that the cars that were the 6 slowest are the 6 slowest in the performance file. E.g. lets say it's Albers (22), Sutil (21),Daividson (20), Sato (19), Speed (18), Luizi (17). The Change their performance to CA 8000, AS 8500, AD 9000, TS 9500, SS 10000, TL 10500. Then run another quali season. The above will qualify again, but will be in the correct order. At the end of this session, change the performance file again for the last session. It's not ideal, as the cars that fail to reach Q2 and Q3 will still be out on track, but the order will be right. I think it's the nearest you get.

paul..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy